By visiting or accessing the Website and voluntarily providing Us with information (personal and/or non-personal), You are consenting to Our use of it in accordance with this Policy. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites or applications that are connected via links to the Website. If You do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not proceed further to use/ access this Website. We may update this Policy from time to time. You must periodically review the Policy for the latest information on Our privacy practices.
We respect your privacy and hence believe that it is our responsibility to keep our user’s informed and protected. This Policy constitutes a legal agreement between the User and the Company, as the owner of this website.
- Personal Information you provide while registering yourself as the user of the website to avail the services offered on the website such as selling or buying products, providing your valuable reviews on the blogs, subscribing for the Newsletters, Subscribing for our Journals, writing testimonials and/or participating in the surveys.
- As applicable for the kind of services you avail on the website, a form needs to filled that would include, but not limited to, the information such as name, e-mail address, phone number, billing and shipping addresses, location and time for pick-up and delivery of the product, financial information, if any, unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password and preferences information such as favourite lists, transaction history. To register as a seller, you may also have to provide your PAN card details, tax registration details, bank account details and organization structure.
- We may also have your information when you access our website through Social Media website or application. If you choose to link your social media account including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts, to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. By accessing or connecting to the Website through a social media website/application, you authorize us to collect, store, use and retain such information and content in accordance with this Policy.
- Certain information that are automatically collected while you visit our website includes, but not limited to, IP address, browser type, operating system type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website, demographic information and information collected through cookies and actions you take while using the Website, such as links clicked.
Use of the Information:
We, or third parties authorised by Us, may use the information provided by You in the following ways, viz:
(a) Provide and improve the services offered to You through the Website; (b) Conduct research and analysis to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities; (c) Analyze how the Website is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security; (d) To contact You for delivery of products; (e) Keep track of Your interest in the shop, blog, journals and/or other services provided on the website; (f) To help You efficiently access the Website; (g) Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of viewers, visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (h) To notify You regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with Your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to confirm Your identity in order to ensure that You are eligible to Use the Website; (i) For advertising and marketing communications; (j) to share Newsletters and conduct surveys. We may also share Non-Personal Information with third parties such as, Our advertisers, sponsors, investors, business partners; (k) To carry out Our obligations and to process transactions arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us; (l) To notify You about changes on the Website; (m) Notify You, if possible, in the event We become aware of any breach of the security of Your information and take appropriate action to the best of Our ability to remedy such a breach; (n) To enable Us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
We will use and retain Your information for such periods as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Our agreements.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information:
- Your information is important to Us. We use reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Your information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment. To achieve the same, We use reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your information. All information You provide to Us is stored on secured servers located within and outside India.
- As a registered User with an account and a password, You are responsible for keeping Your password confidential. By submitting Your information on Our Website, You agree to the handling of Your information by the Company in a manner as stated under this Policy. We will take such steps as We consider reasonably necessary to ensure that Your information is treated securely and in accordance with the Policy.
- In using the Website, You accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the world wide web cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, Your use of the Website will be at Your own risk.
- You agree and acknowledge that We shall retain all information provided by You until such time as is required by the applicable law or until it is required for Our internal use, whichever is later. “
- You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that We may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case we will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by Us under applicable law.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- You further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to us or to any third party.
User Discretion and Opt out
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing your Information out of your free will. You may choose not to provide identifiable information through the Website, in which case You may not be allowed to access certain features or parts of the Website. If You are a registered User, You may update, edit or correct Your account information and e-mail preferences at any time by logging in to Your account. If You believe that any of Your information held by Us is inaccurate, You may write to Us through our “Contact us” form. We will respond to Your request at the earliest. It is Your responsibility to ensure that any information You provide Us remains accurate and updated.
Severability and Exclusion
We have taken every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to any information other than the information collected by the Company through the Website. This Policy shall be inapplicable to any unsolicited information You provide Us through this Website or through any other means. This includes, but is not limited to, information posted in any public areas of the Website. All unsolicited information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and the Company shall be free to use and/ or disclose such unsolicited information without any limitations.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. The courts at Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
- This Policy is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of Our policies and practices with respective to the Information.
- The trademarks, logos, photographs, content, information and service marks displayed on the Website (“Marks”) are the property of Curious Caterpillarss or their sellers or respective third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without prior consent of Curious Caterpillarss , the seller or the third party that may own the Marks.
- It provides for the various types of personal or sensitive personal data of information to be collected;
- It provides for the purposes of collection and usage of the Information;
- It provides for disclosure of Information; and
- It provides for reasonable security practices.