This time around, we decided not to keep children waiting and instead make our own fireworks with 4th of July DIY Fireworks Crafts for Kids.
There is no denying that fireworks are the star highlights of 4th of July, especially for children. Keeping that in mind, we came up with a Fun Firework Craft with Toilet Paper Roll.
Our easy Firework Craft for kids not only makes for a perfect Independence Day craft but also a pretty fireworks centrepiece for your patriotic decor.
Easy 4th of July Fireworks Craft for Kids
Add charm to your 4th of July crafts with sparkly fireworks craft for kindergarten and older kids. Certainly one of the most loved patriotic crafts, Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks are always fun to make.
This 4th of July Fireworks craft uses simple, easy to find supplies and is an easy craft to make with recycled material. A great addition to your Independence Day decorations, it is sure to keep kids happily busy and entertained.
Supplies for Paper Roll Fireworks Craft
- Empty Toilet paper roll
- Red, white and blue tissue paper
- Golden pom-pom
How To Make Easy Fireworks Craft for 4th of July
1. Cover the ends of the toilet paper roll with red tissue paper. If you don’t have empty toilet rolls, you can use a kitchen roll and cut it into half to make two small paper rolls.
2. Cut the tissue paper along the length into 3 inch wide strips.
3. Make thin vertical slits along the length of the tissue paper strips like shown.
4. Using a skewer, carefully curl the ends of the tissue paper.
5. Paste the red tissue paper strip on the toilet paper roll followed by blue and white paper strips. This would cover nearly 3/4 of the roll.
6. Cover the remaining part of the paper roll with the red tissue paper strip.
7. Take a small piece of twine and glue a sparkly golden pom-pom at its one end. This will make the wick of the firecracker craft.
8. Using the skewer, poke a small hole in the cross-section of the toilet paper roll and glue the wick of the firework craft on the inside of the paper roll.
That’s it! Your sparkly fireworks craft for 4th of July is ready. This is such a beautiful 4th of July craft and yet super easy to make.
Quick Tip: Make Firework in a Jar to keep kids entertained and sneak in learning.
A great craft for fine motor and scissor skills, fireworks craft with toilet roll is a fun way to pass time till the actual fireworks start. Besides, nothing quite beats the excitement of making your very own fireworks.
And for those of you who love tissue paper crafts or are simply looking for easy crafts to keep kids creatively busy, try these beautiful DIY tissue paper crafts.