Gobble! Gobble! It’s turkey season, again! Time to get out your crafting supplies and make cute Turkey Crafts for Thanksgiving dinner.
Let’s admit, Thanksgiving crafts are incomplete without Turkey crafts! Turkeys, though not the originally part of Thanksgiving, are now synonymous with Thanksgiving. So, it makes perfect sense to make DIY Turkey crafts to celebrate these cute, gobble-some birds!
While there are so many turkey crafts for kids out there, this cute paper turkey DIY craft is probably the best!
It is easy, quick and does not require any special craft supplies. All you need is some construction paper and cardboard to make this standing paper turkey craft.
Thanksgiving Paper Turkey Craft
This standing turkey craft will stand upright on its legs and look just-so-pretty on your thanksgiving table.
It is certainly one of the most eye-catching turkey crafts for preschoolers and younger kids who wish to make thanksgiving turkey crafts.
Related: Also check out Funny Thanksgiving Jokes. They are sure to crack everyone up!
Easy-peasy, this fun craft will keep your kids happily crafting and exploring their creativity. Kids are sure to have fun making this cute little turkey.
What you will need:
• Black marker
• Googly eyes
• Wooden clothespins
• Construction paper – Brown, Red & Yellow
How to Make Standing Paper Turkey Craft:
1. Use a marker to draw a pear shape on cardboard to make the body of the turnkey. Cut it out using scissors.
2. Cut brown construction paper into small squares sheet of origami size – roughly 3 inch by 3 inch.
3. Crumble the brown sheets and paste them on the cardboard. Make sure to cover all of the cardboard to complete your turkey craft’s body.
Related: Don’t just stop at this Turkey Craft. Check out our list of 70 Best Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids & Adults for more Thanksgiving Craft Ideas.
4. Attach goggly eyes onto the narrow part of the body to make paper turkey’s eyes.
5. To make the beak, cut out a small diamond shape from yellow craft paper. For the snood, cut a small drop shape from red craft paper. Paste the beak & snood just below the turkey’s eyes.
6. To make colorful turkey feathers, cut out a circle from orange construction paper and a semi circle from yellow paper.
7. Fold the orange circle into half and cut it along the circumference to make thin fringes.
Quick Tip: Include Fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kids & Family to make Thanksgiving memorable!
8. Make folds along the body of the semi-circle like shown.
9. Paste the orange semi-circle onto the yellow semi-circle, making sure yellow is visible from behind to complete the turkey’s feathers.
10. Paste the feathers on the turkey’s body.
11. Cut out a small rectangle from cardboard, roll it into a cylinder and glue its ends.
12. Paste the cardboard cylinder on the turkey’s back, below the feathers. This will give stability to the paper turkey and help it in standing.
13. For the final look, attach wooden clothespins on the turkey to make its legs.
That’s all! Your Standing Turkey craft is ready to adorn your thanksgiving table and add that personal touch to thanksgiving decorations.
Quick Tip: Check out Thanksgiving Trivia Questions For Family to see who knows Thanksgiving the best!
We just love such simple turkey crafts for kids! They do not need any printable and have plenty of room for children to improvise and add their own creativity to the crafts.
The best part – This creative turkey craft needs little to no help from adults, giving them the necessary breather while providing kids opportunity to expand their fine motor skills.
Now that your kids have made this standing paper turkey, let them explore more creative turkey crafts for kids that will keep them gleefully busy. Choose from turkey puppets, sock turkeys to potato stamp turkeys to make your thanksgiving turkey crafts stand out of the ordinary!