Ice cream craft is an indispensable Summer craft for kids! Come summers and ice creams, especially ice cream cones, make a comeback into the hot afternoons and playful evenings!
Keeping up with this fun spirit of summers, here is a Paper Ice Cream Craft for preschool and kindergarten. This ice cream cone craft is super easy to make and so much fun!
Ice Cream Cone Craft for Kids
How about a cute paper ice cream cone craft that can be made in under 15 minutes with simple easy to find supplies? We bet you already have these supplies at home in your crafts cabinet.
This cool ice cream craft for kids is a delightful summer activity for children who love getting creative. Perfect for little minds, it is an age appropriate craft for young children who are still developing their fine motor skills.
Related: Also learn How To Make Ice Cream In a Bag with this easy tutorial. We bet your children will love it!
Supplies For Ice Cream Craft:
Construction paper – 3 colours of your choice
A pair of Scissors
Sharpie or felt tip pen
How To Make Ice Cream Craft For Kids:
1. To make this ice cream sundae craft, take craft paper in three colours for three ice cream scoops and cut them out, like shown, using scissors.
2. Using a paintbrush, dab white paint on the ice cream scoops you have cut out from the paper.
3. Once the paint is dry, using brown sharpie make small lines on the scoops for chocolate rice sprinklers. Crumble the ice cream scoops near the base to give them a nice look.
Quick Tip: Encourage your child to use colours of their choice for sprinklers and ice cream scoops to nurture their creativity and shape their imagination.
4. Cut out a cone shape from the brown cardboard.
5. To make the ice cream cone, draw lines on the cone using a ruler to give your ice cream cone a nice touch.
6. Paste the ice cream scoops on top of each other with the biggest scoop at the bottom and the smallest at the top.
7. To complete your ice cream craft, glue the ice cream sundae on the cone.
That’s all! Your ice cream cone craft is ready! Make sure to make it on the Ice Cream Day that is the third Sunday of July!
This ice cream craft for toddlers, preschooler will keep your little ones happy and give them a lot of creative flexibility to experiment with the craft.
You can even try making this ice cream cone craft with DIY puffy paints. Simple cut out scoops from thick cardstock paper and use puffy paint on top of them to make a 3D ice cream craft.
And before you hop away, here is a cool fact about ice creams – New Zealand consumed the most ice cream in the world for the year 2022 followed by the United States of America!
Amazed? We have got plenty more…check out Food Fun Facts For Kids.