Nothing quite beats the fun of Parade Wand craft for kids! Irrespective of whether you attend the parade or not, these Parade wands are always a big hit with kids. After all, who doesn’t like waving wands and the joy they bring!
This 4th of July, make sure to make this Easy Patriotic wands craft with your kids. Your children will absolutely adore them and love cheering with them. Also these parade wands make for a fun craft that does not really need a reason to make and play with.
Patriotic Parade Wand Craft for Kids
Parade wands are a thing with kids, especially toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners! They simply love waving with parade wands and playing make believe things with these red, white and blue crafts.
Parade wands also make for pretty 4th of july decorations and Independence Day props. Make a few of them and let the festive spirit take over.
Supplies for Parade Wands
- Construction paper – red, white and blue
- Glitter paper – red and blue
- Star shape cookie cutters
- Ribbons – red, white and blue
How To Make Patriotic Parade Wands
1. Cut out stars in three different sizes from construction paper and glitter paper. You would want different sizes of stars in different colours for the parade wands.
We used a star shaped cookie cutter in three different sizes. If you don’t have a star cookie cutter, simply use a pencil to draw three stars of different sizes.
2. Paste the star cut-outs of different colours on top of each other. Start with the biggest size and progress to smaller sizes.
3. Use hot glue or scotch tape to attach the skewer to the back of the star. In case you are using hot glue, make sure an adult uses the glue gun.
4. Lastly, curl the ribbons with scissors and paste them on the back of the stars to complete the patriotic parade wands.
Ta-da! Your pretty Patriotic Parade Wands are ready! They make for such cute DIY 4th of July crafts for kids.
Easy to make, these parade wands take less than 10 minutes to make and promise hours of fun.
They also make for wonderful patriotic favours for kids and family for the holiday and double up as cute photograph props for the holiday.