There is no way Thanksgiving crafts are complete without Easy Pilgrim Crafts. After all, they are the one who brought the tradition of Thanksgiving home!
Your kids will cherish making these cute Toilet Roll Paper Pilgrims. Yes, Pilgrims from empty toilet roll!
These Thanksgiving Indians are simply adorable, fun to make and will keep kids busy on Thanksgiving without complaining, while you fix thanksgiving dinner.
Empty Toilet Roll Paper Pilgrims
One of the easiest Pilgrims crafts for thanksgiving, this one requires ordinary supplies and is easy enough for preschool and kindergarten.
• Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
• Scotch tape
• Black marker/Sharpie
• Construction Paper – White, Yellow, Brown & Black
How To Make Toilet Roll Pilgrims
Toilet roll pilgrims are super easy to make. Simple scissor skills do the magic here, making it a suitable pilgrim craft for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
Let’s start my making Pilgrim Boy:
1. To make Pilgrim boy, use white construction paper and cover three-fourth of the empty toilet paper roll with it.
2. To make the coat for the pilgrim boy, use black craft paper and cut a rectangular strip from it. The height of your rectangle should be smaller than the one you have made using white paper in step 1.
3. Fold the black rectangle in half and cut a small triangle at the fold, like shown to complete the coat.
4. Paste the coat on to the white paper to complete the body of the boy pilgrim.
5. Next to make the hat of the pilgrim, cut out a rectangle and two circles – one big and one small from black construction paper.
6. Roll the rectangle to make a tube the size of the small circle and paste ends to secure it.
7. Paste the circles to cover both the open ends of the tube to complete the pilgrim’s hat.
8. Glue the hat on the body of the pilgrim.
9. Using a black sharpie, draw the eyes and mouth of the male pilgrim to complete the face.
10. Cut a thin strip, nearly half an inch wide, of yellow construction paper to make the belt of the pilgrim and paste it on the black coat.
11. To make the hands of the pilgrim boy, cut two strips from each black paper and white paper. We used the dimensions of 1cm by 4cm.
12. Using scissors, cut the edge of black construction paper as shown.
13. Paste the black strip on the white strip to complete the hands and paste them on the sides of the paper roll to complete the pilgrim boy’s body.
14. Lastly to complete the look, cut a thin strip of white paper to make the band for the pilgrim hat. Paste it on the hat to complete your boy pilgrim.
Now that your Pilgrim boy is all dressed up and ready, let us get on to making a cute pilgrim girl to complete the Thanksgiving craft.
Quick Tip: Make crafting fun with these Hilarious Thanksgiving Jokes & Puns!
15. Just like the pilgrim boy, cover three-fourth of the empty paper roll with black paper.
16. To make the collar and apron of the pilgrim girl, cut out a small circle for the collar and a thin strip (half cm) along with an oval to make the front of the apron from white paper, as shown.
17. Cut the circle into half and paste it on the pilgrim girl’s body to resemble the collar of her dress.
16. Paste the white strip around the centre of the pilgrim’s dress for apron strings and paste its front to complete the apron.
18. To make the hair, cut out two squares, 3cm X 3cm and a small circle from brown paper.
19. Fold the circle into half and cut it along the crease.
20. Paste the two halves on the forehead of the pilgrim girl.
21. Using scissors, make thin fringes on both the squares and paste them on the sides of the pilgrim girl’s face to complete her hair.
22. Using a sharpie draw a pair of eyes and mouth. To add the feminine touch, make eyelashes. Also trace along the border of the apron to finish the look.
23. Finally, to dress-up the female pilgrim, cut a very thin strip from yellow construction paper to make a bow and paste it on the collar as shown.
That’s it! Your pilgrims craft for kindergarten is ready to grace your home and welcome thanksgiving. This is such an easy Thanksgiving craft for kids that even preschoolers can make it with little help.
Related: Also check out Fun & Easy Thanksgiving Crafts for more craft ideas.
Kids love such simple crafts and have lots of fun while making them. Make a few pairs in advance and keep them on your kid’s table as a gentle reminder to be grateful for the upcoming holiday!