Popsicle Stick Flag Craft is our absolute favourite. This versatile Patriotic craft for kids is perfect for state as well as national holidays.
Be it 4th of July, Flag day, Veteran’s day, Memorial day, Election day, Constitution day or Martin Luther King Jr day, this Easy Flag Craft for Kids is sure to add to your celebrations!
Whatever may be the reason, we are certain your kids will adore making this popsicle stick red, white and blue craft for parade, home and classroom.
Easy Popsicle Stick Flag Craft
This flag craft is great for kids of all ages – preschool, kinder and even older children! While young children may need little help making this Popsicle stick flag craft for kids, older ones can make it without any help.
Supplies for Popsicle Stick Flag Craft
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint – red, white and blue
How to Make American Flag Craft With Popsicle Sticks
1. Arrange five popsicle sticks next to each other to make the body of the flag.
2. Glue two craft sticks near the either edge of the flag to hold the flag together. Using scissors cut out the excess popsicle stick as shown.
3. Using a brush, paint the bottom popsicle stick red and then paint the alternate popsicle stick red but only half way through the length.
4. Next, use white paint to colour the craft sticks as shown to make the American flag.
5. Paint the uncoloured section of craft sticks blue and let the paint dry.
6. Add small blobs of glue on the blue coloured popsicle stick and sprinkle silver glitter over it.
7. Clean the extra glitter off the flag using a brush.
8. Lastly, attach a dowel to one side of the flag using glue to complete the popsicle stick American flag craft.
This is such a quick and easy red, white and blue craft for kids to make. It is perfectly safe for little kids as hot glue is not used anywhere to make this flag craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
This popsicle stick flag craft is a great addition to your patriotic decorations and also makes for a thoughtful gift for Flag day and Veterans day.