One of the most loved Christmas crafts for kids is Popsicle Stick Reindeer. It is cute, easy to make and inspired by none other than Rudolf the red nosed reindeer!
This popsicle stick reindeer craft uses common supplies and is perfect for school as well as home. You can make this versatile craft into a reindeer Christmas ornament to hang on your Christmas tree or simply keep it as it is – whatever you fancy!
Either way, it is sure to bring the holiday spirit in your home.
Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft for Kids
This popsicle stick reindeer Christmas craft is really simple and easy to make. Great for children of all ages, it is a wonderful popsicle stick craft to make in the Christmas season with younger kids, who might need a little help making this Xmas craft.
This craft comes with a free printable template and step-by-step instructions to help you make the cutest reindeer craft ever! Pair it with exciting Christmas reads to make your story time interactive.
• Popsicle sticks or Craft sticks
• Paint brush
• Brown paint
• Black sharpie
• White cotton ball
• Construction paper – Red, White
• Brown cardstock
• Googly eyes
• Hot Glue/ Scotch Tape
• Reindeer craft template (Grab the free printable template at the end of the page)
How to Make Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft:
1. Print the template provided on cardstock and carefully cut the pieces out.
2. Paste the hat and scarf pieces on red colour construction paper and cut them out.
3. Draw the band of the cap on white construction paper, cut it out and paste it on the red hat piece to complete the hat for the reindeer.
4. To make the body of the reindeer, paste four popsicle sticks next to each other using a hot glue gun or scotch tape.
5. Using a paint brush, paint the popsicle stick brown to make the reindeer’s body.
6. Paste the hat on the top of the reindeer’s body.
7. Next, paint the antlers and ears of the reindeer with brown color. Don’t paint its whole ear instead leave some empty space around the edges and outline them using a black sharpie as shown.
8. Paste the antlers just under the cap and reindeer’s ears below the horns.
9. To complete the reindeer, paint the nose brown and paste it near the flat side of the mouth as shown.
We had run out of red paint, so we decided to go with brown paint. But if you wish to make Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, use red colour to paint the nose. You can even use a big red pom-pom to make the characteristic red nose of Rudolph the reindeer.
10. Paste the mouth below the ears to complete the face of the reindeer.
11.Next, paste a pair of googly eyes and draw a smile using a black sharpie to complete the face.
12. Lastly, paste the parts of scarf as shown and attach them to the body of the reindeer to complete this simple craft. You can even use two pipe cleaners wound together or a red ribbon to make the scarf.
13. To make it into a popsicle stick reindeer ornament, attach a loop of baker’s twine on the reindeer’s cap to make it into a handmade Christmas ornament.
Remember to keep your kids’ creativity flowing and encourage them to use their ideas to make this fun and easy popsicle stick Christmas craft. Kids love crafts that allow them flexibility to incorporate their ideas.
Make a couple of these reindeer ornaments to decorate your Christmas tree with handmade Christmas ornaments.