It’s Santa time! Whether your kids believe in Santa Claus or not, these Popsicle Stick Santa craft is sure to excite them. It is a simple craft that can be easily converted into a craft stick Santa ornament.
A fun and thoughtful way to keep kids entertained, craft stick Santa for kids makes for a fun craft on a lazy afternoon.
Not just that, this easy Christmas craft for all ages will brighten up your homemade Christmas decorations and give a creative outlet to your kid’s excess energy from holidays.
Craft Stick Santa Craft for Kids
While there is no dearth of Santa crafts, craft stick Santa tops our list anyways! It is easy, adorable and just so cute.
What’s more, popsicle stick Santa uses common craft supplies that are most likely already in your home. So no rushing to the market in the festive season for craft supplies!
• Craft sticks / Popsicle sticks
• White cardstock
• Googly eyes
• Paint brush
• Red acrylic paint/ watercolour
• Construction paper – Black & Red
• Cotton balls / Pom-poms – Red & White
• Template (Grab the free printable template at the end of the page)
1. Print the free printable template provided on the cardstock and carefully cut out the pieces using a scissors.
2. Paste the cap piece on red construction paper to make Santa’s cap and cut it out.
3. To make Santa’s cap, paste the white band on the cap and white cotton ball/ pom-pom on the end.
4. To make Santa’s body, line up four popsicle sticks/craft sticks next to each other and glue them using a hot glue gun. In case you are making this craft with younger kids, you can omit hot glue and use scotch tape to stick the craft sticks together at the back.
5. Paste Santa’s cap on one end of Santa’s body.
6. To make Santa’s face, glue Santa’s beard below the cap and Santa’s moustache just above the beard as shown.
7. Glue googly eyes and pom-pom on the craft sticks to complete the face of popsicle stick Santa.
8. Using a paint brush and red acrylic colour or watercolour, paint the popsicle below the beard red and let the paint dry completely.
9. Cut out two small circles for buttons from black construction paper and paste them below the beard on Santa’s body.
That’s all! Your craft stick Santa craft for kids is ready. If you wish to turn it into a cute hanging popsicle stick Santa ornament, simply add a loop of twine behind the cap. These popsicle stick ornaments will look super cute hanging on the Christmas tree.
Download Popsicle Stick Santa Craft Template
Such easy Christmas crafts are fun to make and bring much joy to kids. Engage them in fun crafts, Christmas activities and treat them with the very Best Christmas Stories for Kids to make the best of the holidays.
Also try making this Baby Yoda Santa craft to add fun to your Christmas crafts
And if you are a Santa Claus fan, we suggest making these Cute & Easy Christmas Gift Baskets featuring Santa for Christmas Favours. They are just too much fun to make and add a lovely touch to your holiday favours.
Have a Jolly Christmas!