It’s Halloween time! The time of the year when ghoulish decorations are everywhere and kids are gearing up with fun halloween craft ideas.
But this time instead of making a regular paper Vampire craft, we decided to do something different and more fun. Here comes the Bobbing Head Dracula craft!
While this halloween craft is immensely fun, it is also simple enough for young kids to make. It is a great craft to do with kids at a Halloween party and a great addition to Halloween activities for the classroom.
Bobbing Head Vampire Craft
You will be amazed what simple supplies can do to make this extremely friendly Bobbing Head Dracula. It is a perfect DIY toy for little ones who will be awed with this not-so-scary, cute Dracula.
But before we get started with the craft, here is a quick joke.
Supplies / What you will need:
- Construction Paper – Red, Black and White
- Googly eyes
- Pipe Cleaner
- Glue Stick / Glue Gun
1. Draw a rectangle on the cardboard to make the vampire’s body and carefully cut it out. We used a size of 6 cm x 11 cm.
In case you don’t have cardboard, use craft paper or the flat part of a paper plate.
2. Paste the rectangle on black construction paper using glue. Once it is dry, cut it out. Your Vampire’s body is now ready.
3. Cut out one medium size triangle from white construction paper to make the vampire’s white shirt.
4.Cut a bow-tie from the red construction paper.
5. Using a glue stick, paste the triangle on the vampire body. Next, paste the bow-tie near the base of white triangle to complete the vampire shirt.
6. Cut out a small circle, nearly 6 cm diameter, from the white paper to make the face of the vampire.
7. Stick a pair of cute googly eyes onto the circle.
8. To complete the face of the vampire, cut out a tiny triangle from the black paper for vampire’s hair, a thin crescent moon from the red paper for vampire’s mouth and a tiny triangle from the white paper for vampire fangs.
9. Paste the black triangle above the eyes to make the hair, red crescent moon below the eyes to make the mouth and finally the tiny white triangle on top of it to complete Dracula’s head.
10. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the marker and then slide it out to make a spring. Paste it above the vampire’s shirt with a glue gun. We recommend adults do the pasting with a glue gun.
11. Lastly, attach the Dracula’s head at the top of the pipe cleaner using a glue gun to complete the Bobbing Dracula craft.
Push the head down and see how it bounces back!
Kids love such interactive crafts and will have a blast making it! It is a great craft to add some fun to halloween decorations and make them stand out of the ordinary.
Crafts are a fun way to get working on their creativity, motor skills while building their concentration skills.
Related: Looking for more fun ways to make Dracula? Here, check out these easy Vampire crafts for exciting Halloween ideas.
Related: Check out more Easy Dracula Crafts to keep your artsy crafty kids busy!
1. Be careful when using the scissors. For younger kids, child-friendly scissors should be used and they may be assisted in cutting.
2. Glue Gun should be handled by adults and used strictly under adult supervision
3. Let your creativity flow in your works!
You can stick it on a plain card to make a Halloween card. Or simply trim down the dimension to make a fun Halloween inspired bookmark.
Thinking of paper bag puppets? Paint the paper bag black and follow the same guidelines to make a Vampire paper bag puppet.
4. Lastly and most importantly, have fun crafting!