While it may be cold and freezing outside, this cute Paper bag Snowflake craft is sure to warm kids up for a fun winter craft session.
These adorable DIY paper bag snowflakes are easy to make and look just so pretty! Perfect to keep kids constructively entertained indoors, this simple winter craft idea for kids celebrates the frosty season in all its beauty!.
A must make winter craft for all Frozen movie fans, this pretty 3d Snowflake craft idea with paper bags is sure to enchant everyone!
DIY Paper Bags Snowflakes For Kids
Just like the real snowflakes, this paper bag snowflake is absolutely beautiful and symmetrical. Easy to make, these paper bag snowflakes encourage kids to get creative and make their own patterns.
It is a fun winter craft for kids that doubles up as a DIY Christmas decoration. What we love most is that there is no one way to make these paper snowflakes and there is absolutely no way kids can go wrong with this easy winter craft idea.
While younger kids might need assistance with scissors, older kids can make these Paper bag snowflakes all by themselves.
Supplies for Fun Snowflake Craft from Paper Bags
- 7 Paper bags – we used blue paper bags but you can use any colour of your choice
- Rhinestone stickers – optional
How To Make Easy Paper Bag Snowflake For Kids
1. Take a paper bag and fold it into half along the length.
2. Using a pencil, draw a snowflake pattern of your choice on the folded half and cut along the pattern. Make sure to draw the pattern above the bottom fold and keep the paper bag width wide at the base.
3. Now, take the snowflake pattern paper bag, paste the patterned bag on another paper bag and cut the pattern. Repeat this step till all the seven paper bags have been symmetrically cut.
To make cutting easier for kids, we recommend cutting the paper bag one by one. In case you have older kids who can snip multiple paper bags together, you can glue the bags first.
4. Repeat step 3 till all the paper bags have been cut.
5. To make a ribbon loop for the DIY snowflake, apply glue along the middle of the paper bag and paste one end of the ribbon. Glue the other end of the ribbon on the other bag.
6. Next, glue the paper bags at either ends together. Your DIY paper bag snowflake is almost ready.
7. To give your snowflake craft a magical feel, add rhinestones on the snowflake.
It is just so lovely to watch the rhinestones glimmer in the winter sunlight! You can also change the size of the paper bags to make bigger or smaller snowflakes. There is just so many ways to make this stunning winter craft for kids, just like the real snowflakes!
Watch Our Paper Bag Snowflake Craft Video Tutorial
We suggest making a few of them and reading this winter book for kids about snowflakes to make it a wholesome activity!
These paper bag snowflakes are a perfect homemade decoration for a birthday party of your winter born.
Related: Make sure to ask a few Winter Would You Rather Questions as you make this winter snowflake craft.
Make a couple of these paper bag snowflakes in different interesting patterns to simply observe and marvel at their symmetrical designs. Paper Bag Snowflakes is a perfect craft to include in the Symmetry unit plan and fun Winter STEAM activities for kids.