Rebus puzzles for kids are creative brain-teasers that give visual clues to a puzzle. To solve a rebus puzzle, you need to understand and decipher the picture puzzle to arrive at the correct answers. Such a fun way to exercise your brain!
What Are Rebus Puzzles?
Rebus puzzles are pictorial puzzles that represent a word or a phrase in form of pictures.
These picture puzzles for kids are particularly good for visual learners and children are great at visual clues. That’s what makes these picture riddles for kids a BIG hit with children of all ages.
Scroll down to the end of the page to download free printable for 70 Rebus Puzzles.
Besides providing wholesome entertainment, Rebus Puzzles for kids have numerous brain benefits as well.
Benefits of Rebus Puzzles
1. Reasoning Skills
Like any puzzle, Rebus requires kids to decode the pictures and follow the instructions to make a new word. Thus, building their logical and critical reasoning skills.
Related: Build math skills while working on critical thinking with these Fun Critical Thinking Puzzles.
To solve a rebus puzzle, children need to identify pictures and name them. They need to identify pictures with different words.
This helps them recall words they already know and even learn new words, ultimately enhancing their vocabulary.
These picture puzzles are great ways to teach and learn new spellings. When children combine the clues and land with a new word, they can relate to the spellings better and retain them longer.
4. Woking Memory
Rebus picture riddles are great working memory boosters. They require your child to recall words from their existent memory and add new words to their memory bank.
5. Family Fun
Rebus Puzzles for kids are not only fun for kids but also for the entire family. They boost bonding while having fun, learning new words and building critical reasoning skills.
Related: Try these Indoor Activities for Kids for complete family fun!
Download Free Printable of Rebus Puzzles
This pack will certainly get your kids thinking.
- Feel free to share with colleagues, friends, and family members by sharing the URL for the resource. (But No Google Docs or posting on other websites)
- You may link the freebie on your website or blog with a LINK back to the original posting.
- You may use it in your classroom settings.
- Please appreciate the effort, money and time taken to formulate the Freebies by not misusing or editing them. Appreciate your cooperation.
- If you have any query kindly email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebus puzzles are puzzles that use pictures and letters as clues to represent a word or a phrase. These picture puzzles challenge you to think creatively to find the answer.
1. Promotes critical thinking
2. Boosts creativity
3. Augments lateral thinking
4. Improves working memory
5. Enhances literacy skills
1. Focus on the order/ placement of picture clues.
2. Write down the words from the clues following the order represented by the rebus puzzle.
3. Make sure to consider the font, colour and formatting of the clues.
4. Rearrange the words from the clues to check if they fit in a phrase.
5. Think creatively to associate the clues together.