Riddles are a type of brain teasers that are often worded in form of a question. These questions include clues to the brain-teaser and often puzzling and misleading, thus forcing you to think away from a valid answer. That’s the clever trick riddles deploy!
No wonder, solving them bring about a great sense of joy and accomplishment! That what makes riddles fun! Just like would you rather questions for kids, children specially find riddles both entertaining and intriguing. Kids of all ages just love them! What’s more, there are several benefits of riddles for kids.
How Riddles Make Children Smarter & Brighter
1. Bonding Agent
Riddles are great conversation starters. Bond with your child and their friends over some fun riddles and break the ice. It is easier to bond with children when you approach them in fun way.
2. Brain Builders
Critical reasoning skills are one of the most essential skills and will continue to be so. Computing, STEM careers all rely heavily on logical and critical reasoning skills. And riddles are a great way to help your children hone their reasoning skills while having fun.
3. Boredom Busters
Riddles are great boredom busters. Be it a long car journey or a queue you are in, riddles can emancipate your children from boredom and you from their constant nagging ‘I am bored’.
4. Comprehension Tool
Children need to understand and comprehend what they are reading in order to learn. Riddles are a sure shot way to enhance their comprehension skills.
5. Confidence Booster
Riddles work wonders at boosting children’s confidence levels. To share riddles, children first need to understand them. Asking the same riddles from their friends and family builds their confidence levels and polishes their communication skills.
With these payoffs, riddles make a perfect tool for keeping your children entertained (anytime, anywhere!). Make them a part of your routine to reap their immense benefits. You simply cannot go wrong with riddles.
Riddles for Kids (Answers)
2. What has a face and two hands but no arms or legs?
3. What gets wetter as it dries?
4. What has a neck but no Head?
5. What belongs to you but is used by others?
6. What has a thumb and four fingers but is not alive?
7. What has to be broken before you can use it?
9. What grows when you feed it but dies when you water it?
10. You can catch it but cannot throw it. What is it?
11. What is so delicate that uttering just one word will break it?
12. Name four days of the week starting with the letter ‘T’.
13. What has no weight but enough to sink a ship?
14. What is bigger than an elephant but has no weight?
15. What has many keys and yet cannot open doors?
17. I have hands but I cannot clap. I am a…
18. What is the easiest way to double your money?
19. The more there is, the less you see. What am I?
20. What goes up and never comes down?
21. You use a knife to behead me, yet you weep over me on my death. What am I?
22. Black when clean, Dirty when white. What am I?
24. I come down but never go up. Who am I?
25. A room that you cannot enter. I am a …
26. I am a cup but cannot hold water. I am a…
28. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
29. What can run but can’t walk?
30. What has teeth but can’t eat?
31. What can you make that you can’t see?
32. What runs around the yard without moving?
33. What is made of water but if you put it into water it will die?
34. What is deaf, dumb and blind but always tells the truth?
36. What did one wall say to the other wall?
37. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
38. I am hot.
I live in the sky.
I am bright.
Don’t look straight at me.
I disappear in the night.
39. What can point in every direction but can’t reach the destination by itself?
40. I reach for the sky, but clutch to the ground; sometimes I leave, but I am always around. What am I?
41. Flat as a leaf, round as a ring; Have two eyes, can’t see a thing.
42. What falls down but never breaks?
44. Lighter than what I am made of, More of me is hidden than is seen. What am I?
45. To you, rude would I never be, though I flag my tongue for all to see. What am I?
46. Large as a mountain, small as a pea, endlessly swimming in a waterless sea. What am I?
48. I have four legs but no tail. Usually I am heard only at night. What am I?
49. I am a goose that fights with snakes? I am a…
50. A box without hinges, key or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid. What am I?
51. What is easy to get in, but difficult to get out of?
52. What is bright red with green top and sounds like parrot?
53. I am always on the dinner table but you never eat me. I am?
54. What word contains 26 letters but has only three syllables?
55. You can hear me and control me but you cannot touch me or see me. I am?
56. A woman fell off a 15 feet ladder but did not get hurt. Why?
57. What has lot of eyes but cannot see?
58. A doctor and a boy go fishing. The boy is the doctor’s son, but the doctor isn’t his father. Who is the doctor?
59. You see me once in June, twice in November and but at all in May. Who am I? Letter e
61. What is heavier – a ton of leaves or a ton of bricks?
62. What kind of band never plays music?
63. Which word is spelt incorrectly in every dictionary?
64. You can hear me, but can’t see me, and I won’t answer unless spoken to. What am I?
65. What has legs but cannot walk?
66.What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
67. What begins with the letter ‘t’, is full of ‘t’ and finishes with ‘t’?
68. What is more useful when it is broken?
69. I fly all day long, but don’t go anywhere. What am I?
71. Where will you find Friday before Thursday?
72. What goes up when the rain comes down?
73. What did the baseball glove say to the ball?
74. I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but I climb to the sky. What am I?
75. How can you make seven even?
76. What time does a tennis player get up?
77. A man in a car saw a Golden Door, Silver Door and a Bronze Door. What door did he open first?
78. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
79. There is an ancient invention, still used in some parts of the world today, that allows people to see through walls. What is it?
81. Why was the broom late?
82. What did the bee say to the flower?
83. How many sides does a circle have?
84. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
85. I have a thousand needles but I do not sew. What am I?
86. What question can someone ask all day long, always get completely different answers, and yet all the answers could be correct?
87. What food lives at the beach?
88. Why can’t a pirate ever finish the alphabet?
89. If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
91. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left?
92. What asks no questions but requires many answers?
93. I run in and out of town all day and night. What am I?
94. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
95. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
96. What has toes but no feet or legs?
97. Why do skeletons go on vacations alone?
98. What is the hardest key to turn?
99. What relation would your father’s sister’s sister-in-law be to you?
- In the River Bank
- A clock
- A towel
- A bottle
- Your name
- A Glove
- An egg
- Mary of course! You are guessing Mary’s father’s children right?
- Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow
- Its shadow
- A Piano
- On map
- Put it in front of a mirror
- Our Age
- A barber
- A secret
- A comb
- Ice Cube
- I will meet you at the corner
- Your Finger
- Rail Road
- A Dog
- Plates and silverware
- She fell off the bottom step.
- His mother.
- Letter ‘e’
- Neither, both weigh a ton.
- Rubber band
- The word ‘Incorrectly’.
- An echo.
- The letter M.
- A teapot with tea in it.
- I am a flag.
- In a dictionary.
- Catch you later
- By taking off letter s from seven.
- The car door
- Rooster can’t lay eyes.
- A window
- Bring back a chair with you
- It over-swept
- Hi, honey!
- Two – inside & outside
- Once, because after that it is no longer 25.
- A porcupine
- What is the time?
- Because he is lost at sea (C)
- Because the students are bright.
- Your left hand
- A doorbell
- Lunch & dinner
- A gummy bear
- They have no-body to go with them
- Are you asleep?