Laughter is a universal language. In fact, humor has no language at all. A simple funny joke enacted with the right expression can transcend language barriers and can make anyone laugh.
Take babies for example. They totally crack up when you blow raspberries on their tummy. As they grow older, kids start responding to funny jokes and can have a really wacky sense of humour.
Table of Contents:
Humor is a great way to connect. A good dose of laughter makes us capable of taking life’s challenges and more resilient.
A good sense of humor has long been associated with higher intelligence, better social skills, high self-esteem, confidence and improved self control.
So while we all are aware of these amazing benefits of laughter, we seldom do anything to nurture the funny bone.
We somehow believe it is inherent. Whatever the case may be, nurturing sense of humor is a great idea any day. It is one skill that can never go out of style.
Nurturing your child’s sense of humor does not require any special training. All you need to do is be a part of the process. Crack silly and funny jokes, laugh on yourself…basically just be funny yourself.
And if you think you lack the funny bone yourself, here is some help. Below are forty hilarious kids friendly jokes to get you and your children started.
Funny Silly Jokes for Kids
1. Why are ghosts bad liars?
Because we can see through them
2. Why did Dracula lie in the wrong coffin?
Because he made a ‘GRAVE’ mistake
4. Why are fishes so smart?
Because they live in a school.
5. Why are skeletons so calm?
Because nothing can get under their skin
6. Why did the dinosaur refuse to use a deodorant?
Because it did not want to go ex-stink.
7. Where do cows go for fun?
To the moo-vies.
8. Guess who does tick-tock, woof-woof, tick-tock, woof-woof?
10. What did the gingerbread man put on his bed?
A cookie sheet
11. Name a ball that does not bounce
12. What is a snowman’s favorite food?
14. What do you call a Pig who knows karate?
A Pork Chop!
16. Why are frogs always happy?
Because they eat whatever bug them
17. Why do bees have stick hair?
Because they use a Honeycomb!
18. What has four wheels and flies?
A Garbage truck
19.How do you turn light chocolate into dark chocolate?
By turning the lights off!
20.What did the monkey say to the banana?
You have got A-peel!
21. What did one pencil say to another pencil?
You are looking sharp!
22. How do bees go to school?
On a school buzz!
23. What did baby corn ask mama-corn?
Where is POP-corn!!
24.Why did the police arrest the cook?
Because the cook was beating an egg!!
25.How to spot a smart spider?
It has a WEB-site!
27. Why flamingos stand on one leg?
Because they would fall if they lifted both legs!!
Short Silly Jokes for Kids
28. What do call an owl wearing an armor?
A K-night owl!
29. Which lights did Noah use on his boat?
31. What can you catch but not throw?
32. What do you call a cow that plays a Piano?
33. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
34. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A gummy bear!!
35. What do you call a flower that roars?
36. What is a tornado’s favorite game?
37. Which button you cannot un-button
38. Name a bow that can’t be tied
39. What do the elves learn at school?
40. What is the only kind of poo that is not smelly?
Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
41. Knock, knock. Who’s there?
Broccoli doesn’t have a last name, silly.
42. Knock, knock. Who’s there?
Why are you crying?
43. Knock, knock.
44. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Bologna sandwich with mayo and cheese, please.
45. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Weekend do anything we want.
46. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Watts for dinner? I’m hungry.
47. Knock knock. Who’s there?
You hoo? Anybody home?
48. Who’s there?
Big interrupting cow.
Big interrupting cow who?
49. Knock, knock.
Who’s there? Lettuce.
Lettuce in, it’s cold out here!
50. Knock, knock.
I am who?
You don’t know who you are?
51. Knock, knock.
No, I prefer google.
52. Knock, knock.
Nana your business!
53. Knock, knock.
Tennis five plus five.
54. Knock, knock.
55. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Hey, I’m the one asking the questions here.
56. Knock knock. Who’s there?
I’ll see you in court!
57. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Goat to the store and pick up some bread.
58. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Will you open the door?
59. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Butter open the door. It’s hot out here and I’m melting.
60. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Would you care for another knock-knock joke?
61. Knock knock. Who’s there?
I am who?
I am who is knocking. Who are you?
62. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Harry up! It’s cold out here!
63. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Through the door, once you open it up.
64. Knock knock. Who’s there?
Your neigh-bor. Neeeeeigh.
65. Knock, knock
Lena a little closer, and I’ll tell you another joke!
66. Knock, knock,
Olive next door. Hi neighbour!
67. Knock, knock
What are you so excited about?
68. Knock, knock
No, it’s to whom!
69. Knock, knock
70. Knock, knock
Interrupting sloth who?
(10 seconds of complete silence)
71. Knock, knock
Opportunity doesn’t knock twice!
72. Knock, knock
Iran all the way here!
73. Knock, knock
Luke through the keyhole and see!
74. Knock, knock
75. Knock, knock
Icing so loudly so everyone can hear me!
76. Knock, Knock
Actually it’s Kangaroo
77. Knock, knock
You expect a cabbage to have a last name?
78. Knock Knock
Robin you! Now hand over the cash
Math Jokes for Kids
79. What do you call a number that can’t keep still?
A roamin’ numeral
80. How do mathematicians scold their children?
“If I’ve told you n times, I’ve told you n+1 times…
81. What happens when you put a root beer in a square glass?
It just becomes beer.
82. Parallel lines have so much in common.
It’s too bad they’ll never meet.
83. Why are math books so depressing?
Because they’re filled with problems.
84. What kind of math do you learn in English class?
Add-verbs and add-jectives.
85. What kind of snake does your math teacher own?
86. Where should you do your math homework?
On a multiplication table.
87. Where do mathematicians party?
In bar graphs.
88. Do you know what’s odd?
Every other number!
89. What are ten things you can always count on?
While these Math jokes are great to lighten the mood, we suggest engaging in kid friendly, fun math activities to help your child to banish math anxiety.
90. What did the spelling book say to the math book?
“I know I can count on you!”
91. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
They already eight (ate)!
92. Which tables do you not have to learn?
93. How do you solve any equation?
Multiply both sides by zero.
94. What’s a math teacher’s favorite kind of tree?
95. Which snakes are good at math?
96. What shape do you should always be careful of?
97. What’s a math teacher’s favorite season?
98. What kind of meals do math teachers eat?
99. Why is the equilateral triangle always upset?
Because it’s never right!
100. What did the zero say to the eight?
101. If I had six bananas in one hand and four bananas in the other hand, what would I have?
Really big hands!
102. Who’s the king of the pencil case?
103. A kid said to his math teacher: To show you how good I am at fractions, I only did half my homework!
104. Why was the equal sign so humble?
Because she knew she wasn’t greater than or less than anyone else.
105. What do you call number 7 and number 3, when they go out on a date?
An odd couple
106. Why did the student always wear glasses during math class?
Because it improved his (di)vision.
107. You know what seems odd to me?Numbers that can’t be divided by two.
108. What is a math teacher’s favorite vacation destination?
109. Which sea creature can add up?
110. What makes arithmetic hard work?Its because of all those numbers you have to carry.
111. Why shouldn’t you argue with a decimal?
Because decimals always have a good point.
112. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.