Math has got a bad reputation of being boring and tricky. But is it really true or is it just the way math is taught is outright stodgy?
We bet it is the latter case, for we do know sure ways to get children fall head-over-heels in love with maths. Math jokes are just one of them and probably the most loved by students and not to forget parents & teachers!
Be it a primary students or middle schoolers, funny Math jokes and puns are an effective, fail-proof way to teach math concepts and make learning mathematics fun.
Funny Math Jokes For Kids
When it comes to math jokes for kids, there is a wide selection based on the math topic as well as your child’s academic level.
For the sake of convenience, we have divided math puns and math jokes for kids according to topic to help you pick the best relevant math joke for your kids (or class!).
Counting Jokes for Kids
1. Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine.
2. What are ten things you can always count on? Your fingers.
3.What did zero say to eight? Nice Belt
4. Why did the two fours skip lunch? They already eight (ate)!
5. How do you make seven an even number? Simply take off ‘S’ from (s)even.
6. Why did seven eat nine? Because you’re supposed to eat 3 squared meals a day!
7. Do you know what’s odd? Every other number!
8. What do you call a number that can’t keep still? A roamin’ numeral!
9. I hired an odd man to do eight jobs for me. When I got back, he’d only done jobs one, three, five, and seven.
Related: Check out Fun 45 Math Games for Kindergarten to gamify math!
10. I had a hen that could count her own eggs. She was a mathemachicken!
11. A talking sheepdog rounds up all the sheep into the pen for his farmer. He comes back and says, “Okay, Chief — all 40 sheep accounted for”.
The farmer says, “But I’ve counted them and I’ve only got 36!” The sheepdog replies, “I know, but I rounded them up.”
12. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot.
13. Are any monsters good at mathematics? No, unless you Count Dracula.
14. Why did the quarter not roll down the hill along with the nickel? Because the quarter had more cents!
15. What seems odd? The numbers that cannot be divided by two.
16. What was the spelling book saying to the mathematics book? It said “I know that I can count on you.”
17. What happens when you cross a calculator and a dog? You get a friend that you can always count on.
Also check out Science Jokes and Puns to add giggles to your science lessons.
18. What kind of math do you learn in English class? Add-verbs and add-jectives.
19.Did you hear about the mathematician who was depressed and gave up on math? Yes. He was afraid of negative numbers.
20. The minus sign was talking to the positive sign. The minus sign asked, “Are you sure I make a difference?” and the other sign said “I’m positive!”
21. What do you call the number 7 and the number 3 when they go out on a date? The odd couple
22. Why was the math teacher suspicious of prime numbers? They were all odd.
23. Why did the student trust his abacus? She could always count on it.
24. Why can’t you trust a math teacher? They’re always calculating.
25. What did the math teacher say when his parrot escaped? “Polygon.”
26. What’s a math teacher’s favorite season? SUM-mer
27. Why do teenagers travel in groups of threes and fives? Because they can’t even.
28. What did one math book say to the other? Don’t bother me! I’ve got my own problems.
29.Why was the equal sign so humble? Because she knew she wasn’t greater than or less than anyone else.
30. What did the Math book say to the English book? Wanna listen to my problems!
Multiplication & Division Math Jokes
31. Which tables do you not have to learn? Dinner tables!
32. Why was the student sad when he returned home from school? Because he did not like long division, and he felt bad for the remainders.
33. Why was the girl wearing glasses during math class? Because it improved her di-vision.
34. Where do math teachers go on vacation? To Times Square!
35. A teacher asked her student “Why are you doing math on the floor?” The student answered, “You told us not to use any tables!”
36. Which tool is best suited for mathematics? Multi-pliers.
37. What is the solution to any equation? Multiply both sides by zero.
38. What do you get when you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin Pi!
39. I met a math teacher who had 12 children. She really knows how to multiply!
40. What’s a swimmer’s favorite kind of math? Dive-ision!
41. Why won’t Goldilocks drink a glass of water with 8 pieces of ice in it? It’s too cubed.
42. Why do plants hate math? Because it gives them square roots!
Geometry Jokes for Kids
43. Why did the circle get offended by the triangle? Because the triangle looked at the circle and said “You’re pointless!”
44. Do you know which tree is the math teacher’s favourite? Geometry!
45. Why shouldn’t you ever argue with a 90 degree angle? They’re always right!
46. Where did the geometry teacher go on vacation? Who knows? All I know is that she’s a polygon.
47. Why are obtuse angles always so sad? They’re never right!
48. Why are parallel lines so tragic? They have so much in common but they’ll never meet.
49. How do you stay warm in any room? Just huddle in the corner, where it’s always 90 degrees.
50. Why does nobody talk to circles? Because there is no point.
51. Why did the triangle make the basketball team? It always made three-pointers.
52. What geometric shape removes spells and curses? A hexagon.
Love the wizarding world? Check out Harry Potter Would You Rather Questions for Kids for a fun entertaining session with kids!
53. What do you call an angle that’s gone through the garbage disposal? A wrecked-angle.
54. How does a mathematician plow fields? With a pro-tractor.
55. Why wasn’t the geometry teacher at school? Because she sprained her angle.
56. I had an argument with a 90° angle. It turns out it was right.
57. What shape is usually waiting for you inside a Starbucks? A line.
58. What do geometry teachers have for decorating their floor? Area rugs!
59. Why was math class so long? The teacher kept going off on a tangent.
60. Who invented the Round Table? Sir Cumference.
61. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach? A tangent. (A tan gent.)
62. What’s the best way to flirt with a math teacher? Use acute angle.
63. What do you get when you cross geometry with McDonalds? A plane cheeseburger.
64. What’s the one shape you should avoid at all costs? A TRAP-ezoid.
65. Why did the 30-60-90 triangle marry the 45-45-90 triangle? They were right for each other.
66. Why are squares better debaters than circles? At least, they have a point and their arguments don’t go off at weird angles.
67. How do geometry lovers have beer? Pint A to pint B.
68. How would life be without the subject of geometry? It would be pointless.
69. Why is Karl Marx so fond of geometry? Because of Engels.
70. Why didn’t the hyperbola feel sick? It was asymptote-matic.
Fraction Math Jokes for Kids
71. Which king loved fractions? Henry the 1/8.
72. How can we know that the fractions m/c, n/c, and p/c, are all in Australia? All of them are over c’s (seas)!
73. How are the moon and a dollar similar? Both of them have 4 quarters!
74. There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denominator… But only a fraction would understand.
75. What do two and half-men mean? Father, Uncle, and little son.
76. Why was the fraction worried about marrying the decimal? Because she would have to convert.
77. Why shouldn’t you argue with a decimal? Because decimals always have a good point.
78. Rate me on a scale of one to ten. Can I use fractions?
Statistics Jokes for Kids
79. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called her average? Because it was a ‘mean’ thing to say.
80. Why is statistics never anyone’s favorite subject? It’s just average.
81. A statistics professor and a math professor worked together on a cookbook. They called it “Pi A La Mode”.
82. There was a statistics teacher who would always accelerate hard when driving through intersections and then slow down after passing through.
One day he drove a colleague to work who was noticeably uncomfortable at his driving. The colleague asked, “Why do you always drive so fast through intersections?”
To which the statistics teacher responded, “Well, statistically speaking, you’re more likely to have an accident in an intersection, so I make sure to get through them as fast as possible!”
83. I’ll do algebra, and I’ll do trig. I’ll even do statistics. But graphing is where I draw the line!
84. A statistician got soaking wet trying to cross a river. He thought he could cross, because it was one-foot deep on average.
85. Have you heard the one about the statistician? Probably
Pi Jokes for Kids
86. What is a Math nerd’s favorite type of dessert? A Pi.
87. Why should you never fight with pi? When a pi starts hitting you, it never stops hitting you.
88. Why did Pi get its driver’s license revoked? Because it didn’t know when to stop.
89. What’s the official animal of Pi day? The Pi-thon!
90. Why should you try solving math problems? Because they are easy as pi.
91. What is the name of the soccer player who likes to solve math problems? Memphis Day-Pi!
92. What do you get when you divide the circumference of the sun by its diameter? Pi in the sky.
93. How did he get so round? He ate too many π’s.
94. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake? A pi-thon.
95. Why should you never talk to Pi? Because he’ll go on and on and on forever.
96. Pi was fighting with an imaginary number: “Get real,” pi said. “Be rational,” the imaginary number said.
97. What do you get when a herd of sheep stands around in a circle? Shepherd’s Pi
98. Did you know 3.14 percent of sailors are pi-rates?!
Algebra Jokes for Kids
99. Why do atheists have trouble with exponents? They don’t believe in higher powers!
100. Why does algebra make you a better dancer? Because you can use the algo-rhythm!
101. What do you call two friends who love math? Algebros.
102. Why can the fourth number get entry into a nightclub? Because they are only for 22 or above.
103. Which subject does Owl excel at? Owl-gebra
104. What is 2n plus 2n? I don’t know. It sounds 4n to me.
105. In the expression x3, what do you call 3? An x-ponent
106. In the expression y2, what do you call the 2? A y-ponent
107. Which animal hate Alzebra the most? A Zebra
108. What did one algebra book say to the other? Don’t bother me, I have got my own problems.
109. I poured root beer into a square cup. Now I have beer.
110. Why did the boy refuse to drink the water with eight ice cubes in it? Because it’s too cubed!
111. The problem with math puns is that calculus jokes are all derivative, trigonometry jokes are too graphic, algebra jokes are usually formulaic, and arithmetic jokes are pretty basic. But I guess the occasional statistics joke is an outlier.
112. What did the student say about the equation she couldn’t solve? “This is derive-ing me crazy!”
113. A student asked their teacher if they would have any problems on the upcoming test. The teacher replied, “I think you’ll have lots of problems on the test.”
115. It’s always a good idea to bring a mathematician camping. They come prepared with a pair of axis.
116. I don’t get the point of decimals. I’m more partial to fractions.
117. When you keep missing math class it starts to really add up.
118. An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are staying in a hotel.
The engineer wakes up and smells smoke. He goes out into the hallway and sees a fire, so he fills a trash can from his room with water and douses the fire. He goes back to bed.
Later, the physicist wakes up and smells smoke. He opens his door and sees a fire in the hallway. He walks down the hall to a fire hose and after calculating the flame velocity, distance, water pressure, trajectory, etc., extinguishes the fire with the minimum amount of water and energy needed.
Later, the mathematician wakes up and smells smoke. He goes to the hall, sees the fire and then the fire hose. He thinks for a moment and then exclaims, “Ah, a solution exists!” and then goes back to bed.
119. Why was algebra so easy for the Romans? X was always 10!
120. I would tell you a joke about an infinite line… But it doesn’t have an endpoint.
121. When do students usually find it tough to learn geometry? When it becomes an all-round problem.