Math jokes for kids are a great way to wane down the subject’s bad reputation of being boring and tricky.
But is math really hard to get or the way it is taught is outright stodgy? We bet it is the latter case, for we do know sure ways to make math fun for kids.
Math jokes and puns are just one of the many ways and probably the most loved by students and not to forget parents & teachers!
Funny Math Jokes For Kids
When it comes to math jokes for kids, there is a wide selection based on the math topic as well as your child’s academic level.
For the sake of convenience, we have divided math puns and math jokes for kids according to topic to help you pick the best relevant math joke for your kids (or class!).
Table of Contents:
- Counting Jokes for Kids
- Multiplication & Division Math Jokes
- Geometry Jokes for Kids
- Fraction Math Jokes for Kids
- Statistics Jokes for Kids
- Pi Jokes for Kids
- Algebra Jokes for Kids
- Math Puns
Be it a primary students or middle school students, funny Math jokes and puns are an effective, fail-proof way to teach math concepts and make learning mathematics fun.
There is substantial evidence that indicates appropriately used humour can boost retention and can be a potent tool for enhancing learning outcomes besides serving as a fun brain break for kids. So go ahead and indulge in these fun Maths Jokes and Puns!
Counting Math Jokes for Kids
Counting jokes for kids are perfect for toddlers and young children as they are really easy to understand and never fail to tickle everyone’s funny bone.
Whether you are looking to add fun while teaching numbers to your students or just looking for intelligent and short math jokes, these best number jokes are sure to entertain you. These short maths jokes also a great way to break ice with children and get them talking.
1. Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine.
2. What are ten things you can always count on? Your fingers.
3.What did zero say to eight? Nice Belt
Related: While your preschooler is having a good laugh with these jokes, add in some hands-on Math Activities for Preschool to make learning math a breeze.
4. Why did the two fours skip lunch? They already eight (ate)!
5. How do you make seven an even number? Simply take off ‘S’ from (s)even.
6. Why did seven eat nine? Because you’re supposed to eat 3 squared meals a day!
Related: Teach your preschooler how to count with these Math Card Games.
7. Do you know what’s odd? Every other number!
8. What do you call a number that can’t keep still? A roamin’ numeral!
9. I hired an odd man to do eight jobs for me. When I got back, he’d only done jobs one, three, five, and seven.
Related: Check out Fun 45 Math Games for Kindergarten to gamify math for your kindergartener!
10. I had a hen that could count her own eggs. She was a mathemachicken!
11. A talking sheepdog rounds up all the sheep into the pen for his farmer. He comes back and says, “Okay, Chief — all 40 sheep accounted for”.
The farmer says, “But I’ve counted them and I’ve only got 36!” The sheepdog replies, “I know, but I rounded them up.”
Quick Tip: Pair these math jokes with Fun Math Riddles to elevate the fun factor!
12. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot.
13. Are any monsters good at mathematics? No, unless you Count Dracula.
14. Why did the quarter not roll down the hill along with the nickel? Because the quarter had more cents!
15. What seems odd? The numbers that cannot be divided by two.
16. What was the spelling book saying to the mathematics book? It said “I know that I can count on you.”
17. What happens when you cross a calculator and a dog? You get a friend that you can always count on.
Also check out Science Jokes and Puns to add giggles to your science lessons.
18. What kind of math do you learn in English class? Add-verbs and add-jectives.
19.Did you hear about the mathematician who was depressed and gave up on math? Yes. He was afraid of negative numbers.
20. The minus sign was talking to the positive sign. The minus sign asked, “Are you sure I make a difference?” and the other sign said “I’m positive!”
21. What do you call the number 7 and the number 3 when they go out on a date? The odd couple
Related: Club these funny jokes with Math Brain Teasers for Kids to notch up the fun.
22. Why was the math teacher suspicious of prime numbers? They were all odd.
23. Why did the student trust his abacus? She could always count on it.
24. Why can’t you trust a math teacher? They’re always calculating.
25. What did the math teacher say when his parrot escaped? “Polygon.”
Related: Loving these jokes? Throw in some Knock Knock Jokes for Kids for a complete laughter riot!
26. What’s a math teacher’s favorite season? SUM-mer
27. Why do teenagers travel in groups of threes and fives? Because they can’t even.
28. What did one math book say to the other? Don’t bother me! I’ve got my own problems.
29.Why was the equal sign so humble? Because she knew she wasn’t greater than or less than anyone else.
30. What did the Math book say to the English book? Wanna listen to my problems!
Multiplication & Division Math Jokes
What could be more fun than adding humour to your math class with these short math jokes? While the multiplication jokes will tickle the wit, division jokes will stoke the silly laughs.
Multiplication and division math jokes for adults are a great way to get everyone laughing and having some serious fun with maths.
31. Which tables do you not have to learn? Dinner tables!
32. Why was the student sad when he returned home from school? Because he did not like long division, and he felt bad for the remainders.
33. Why was the girl wearing glasses during math class? Because it improved her di-vision.
Related: Bring learning home with these Awesome Online Learning Resources. They are a great for additional practise and homeschool.
34. Where do math teachers go on vacation? To Times Square!
35. A teacher asked her student “Why are you doing math on the floor?” The student answered, “You told us not to use any tables!”
36. Which tool is best suited for mathematics? Multi-pliers.
37. What is the solution to any equation? Multiply both sides by zero.
38. What do you get when you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin Pi!
39. I met a math teacher who had 12 children. She really knows how to multiply!
Related: Also try these hilarious Teacher Jokes to get your students laughing!
40. What’s a swimmer’s favorite kind of math? Dive-ision!
41. Why won’t Goldilocks drink a glass of water with 8 pieces of ice in it? It’s too cubed.
42. Why do plants hate math? Because it gives them square roots!
Geometry Jokes for Kids
Looking for some good geometry jokes to tell your teacher? Here is list of best jokes to share in class and with friends who love math.
These puns are a perfect brain break from serious work and promise intelligent humour for everyone. Club these geometry jokes for kids with Spatial Reasoning Activities to enhance learning outcomes.
43. Why did the circle get offended by the triangle? Because the triangle looked at the circle and said “You’re pointless!”
44. Do you know which tree is the math teacher’s favourite? Geometry!
45. Why shouldn’t you ever argue with a 90 degree angle? They’re always right!
46. Where did the geometry teacher go on vacation? Who knows? All I know is that she’s a polygon.
47. Why are obtuse angles always so sad? They’re never right!
48. Why are parallel lines so tragic? They have so much in common but they’ll never meet.
49. How do you stay warm in any room? Just huddle in the corner, where it’s always 90 degrees.
50. Why does nobody talk to circles? Because there is no point.
51. Why did the triangle make the basketball team? It always made three-pointers.
52. What geometric shape removes spells and curses? A hexagon.
Love the wizarding world? Check out Harry Potter Would You Rather Questions for Kids for a fun entertaining session with kids!
53. What do you call an angle that’s gone through the garbage disposal? A wrecked-angle.
54. How does a mathematician plow fields? With a pro-tractor.
55. Why wasn’t the geometry teacher at school? Because she sprained her angle.
56. I had an argument with a 90° angle. It turns out it was right.
57. What shape is usually waiting for you inside a Starbucks? A line.
58. What do geometry teachers have for decorating their floor? Area rugs!
59. Why was math class so long? The teacher kept going off on a tangent.
60. Who invented the Round Table? Sir Cumference.
61. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach? A tangent. (A tan gent.)
62. What’s the best way to flirt with a math teacher? Use acute angle.
63. What do you get when you cross geometry with McDonalds? A plane cheeseburger.
64. What’s the one shape you should avoid at all costs? A TRAP-ezoid.
65. Why did the 30-60-90 triangle marry the 45-45-90 triangle? They were right for each other.
66. Why are squares better debaters than circles? At least, they have a point and their arguments don’t go off at weird angles.
67. How do geometry lovers have beer? Pint A to pint B.
68. How would life be without the subject of geometry? It would be pointless.
69. Why is Karl Marx so fond of geometry? Because of Engels.
70. Why didn’t the hyperbola feel sick? It was asymptote-matic.
Fraction Math Jokes for Kids
These fraction based advanced jokes for kids will make learning fractions not only fun but also interesting. They are a clever way to bring math to life and help students remember fractions the fun way.
Perfect for elementary student who are just starting with this math concept, fraction jokes for kids are a must for every classroom.
71. Which king loved fractions? Henry the 1/8.
72. How can we know that the fractions m/c, n/c, and p/c, are all in Australia? All of them are over c’s (seas)!
73. How are the moon and a dollar similar? Both of them have 4 quarters!
74. There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denominator… But only a fraction would understand.
75. What do two and half-men mean? Father, Uncle, and little son.
76. Why was the fraction worried about marrying the decimal? Because she would have to convert.
77. Why shouldn’t you argue with a decimal? Because decimals always have a good point.
78. Rate me on a scale of one to ten. Can I use fractions?
Statistics Jokes for Kids
Learning statistics is more fun with these silly statistics jokes for kids. These advanced math jokes are a great way to make math class fun and exciting.
These Statistics Jokes for Kids are sure to make high school kids as well as adults laugh out loud and appreciate the humour in math.
79. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called him average? Because it was a ‘mean’ thing to say.
80. Why is statistics never anyone’s favorite subject? It’s just average.
81. A statistics professor and a math professor worked together on a cookbook. They called it “Pi A La Mode”.
82. There was a statistics teacher who would always accelerate hard when driving through intersections and then slow down after passing through.
One day he drove a colleague to work who was noticeably uncomfortable at his driving. The colleague asked, “Why do you always drive so fast through intersections?”
To which the statistics teacher responded, “Well, statistically speaking, you’re more likely to have an accident in an intersection, so I make sure to get through them as fast as possible!”
83. I’ll do algebra, and I’ll do trig. I’ll even do statistics. But graphing is where I draw the line!
84. A statistician got soaking wet trying to cross a river. He thought he could cross, because it was one-foot deep on average.
85. Have you heard the one about the statistician? Probably
Pi Jokes for Kids
Gear up for Pi day with these super silly Pi Day Jokes for Kids. They are sure to bring humour to your celebrations and make them memorable.
But you don’t always need an occasion to crack a Pi joke! Play them out at your discretion to get everyone one laughing.
86. What is a Math nerd’s favorite type of dessert? A Pi.
87. Why should you never fight with pi? When a pi starts hitting you, it never stops hitting you.
88. Why did Pi get its driver’s license revoked? Because it didn’t know when to stop.
89. What’s the official animal of Pi day? The Pi-thon!
90. Why should you try solving math problems? Because they are easy as pi.
91. What is the name of the soccer player who likes to solve math problems? Memphis Day-Pi!
92. What do you get when you divide the circumference of the sun by its diameter? Pi in the sky.
93. How did he get so round? He ate too many π’s.
94. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake? A pi-thon.
95. Why should you never talk to Pi? Because he’ll go on and on and on forever.
96. Pi was fighting with an imaginary number: “Get real,” pi said. “Be rational,” the imaginary number said.
97. What do you get when a herd of sheep stands around in a circle? Shepherd’s Pi
98. Did you know 3.14 percent of sailors are pi-rates?!
Algebra Jokes for Kids
A list of math jokes can never be complete without the quintessential algebra jokes for kids! after all, what’s math without algebra?
And in case you differ or hate algebra, wait till you read these funny algebra jokes or equation jokes for kids. They are sure to make you laugh and look at algebra in a better light.
99. Why do atheists have trouble with exponents? They don’t believe in higher powers!
100. Why does algebra make you a better dancer? Because you can use the algo-rhythm!
101. What do you call two friends who love math? Algebros.
102. Why can the fourth number get entry into a nightclub? Because they are only for 22 or above.
103. Which subject does Owl excel at? Owl-gebra
104. What is 2n plus 2n? I don’t know. It sounds 4n to me.
105. In the expression x3, what do you call 3? An x-ponent
106. In the expression y2, what do you call the 2? A y-ponent
107. Which animal hate Alzebra the most? A Zebra
108. What did one algebra book say to the other? Don’t bother me, I have got my own problems.
109. I poured root beer into a square cup. Now I have beer.
110. Why did the boy refuse to drink the water with eight ice cubes in it? Because it’s too cubed!
Math puns for kids are a fun way to test your kiddo’s smarts, get them thinking and laughing out loud! A fun way to get children interested in math, these math puns for kids are perfect way to add healthy humour to learning and make it fun.
111. The problem with math puns is that calculus jokes are all derivative, trigonometry jokes are too graphic, algebra jokes are usually formulaic, and arithmetic jokes are pretty basic. But I guess the occasional statistics joke is an outlier.
112. What did the student say about the equation she couldn’t solve? “This is derive-ing me crazy!”
113. A student asked their teacher if they would have any problems on the upcoming test. The teacher replied, “I think you’ll have lots of problems on the test.”
Related: Thanksgiving around the corner? Check out one-liner Thanksgiving Puns to make everyone laugh!
115. It’s always a good idea to bring a mathematician camping. They come prepared with a pair of axis.
116. I don’t get the point of decimals. I’m more partial to fractions.
117. When you keep missing math class it starts to really add up.
118. An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are staying in a hotel.
The engineer wakes up and smells smoke. He goes out into the hallway and sees a fire, so he fills a trash can from his room with water and douses the fire. He goes back to bed.
Later, the physicist wakes up and smells smoke. He opens his door and sees a fire in the hallway. He walks down the hall to a fire hose and after calculating the flame velocity, distance, water pressure, trajectory, etc., extinguishes the fire with the minimum amount of water and energy needed.
Later, the mathematician wakes up and smells smoke. He goes to the hall, sees the fire and then the fire hose. He thinks for a moment and then exclaims, “Ah, a solution exists!” and then goes back to bed.
119. Why was algebra so easy for the Romans? X was always 10!
120. I would tell you a joke about an infinite line… But it doesn’t have an endpoint.
121. When do students usually find it tough to learn geometry? When it becomes an all-round problem.
1. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot.
2. Why does nobody talk to circles? Because there is no point.
3. Why should you never talk to Pi? Because he’ll go on and on and on forever.
4. Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine.
5. Why did seven eat nine? Because you’re supposed to eat 3 squared meals a day!
1. Why was math class so long? The teacher kept going off on a tangent.
2. Why can’t you trust a math teacher? They’re always calculating.
3. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called him average? Because it was a ‘mean’ thing to say.
4. Why was the math teacher suspicious of prime numbers? They were all odd.
5. Do you know which tree is the math teacher’s favourite? Geometry!