Nothing beats the joy of handprint crafts for kids! They are easy, quick and lots of fun to make. This fluffy, cuddly handprint sheep craft is just that! Super easy to make and just the perfect craft for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners.
It goes amazingly well with farm animals unit study and is also an easy Easter Handprint Craft for Kids. This 3Dsheep craft is great for the classroom and looks lovely on the bulletin board.
Handprint Sheep Craft
This sheep handprint craft makes for a wonderful keepsake craft for toddlers and preschoolers. Nothing beats the joy of looking at tiny handprints and reminiscing the old days!
We bet your tiny tots will particularly enjoy looking at their handprints crafts after a few years and wondering how little they once were.
Supplies for Handprint Sheep Craft
• Black construction paper
• Googly eyes
• Yellow twine
• Cotton balls
• Template (grab free printable at the end of the page)
- Print the template and cut out the pieces.
2. Paste the head of the sheep on black construction paper and cut it out.
3. Trace the hand of your little one on black construction paper and cut it out using scissors.
4. Glue cotton balls on the palm of the handprint.
5. Cut a small strip from black construction paper, fold it in accordion style and paste it on the thumb of your handprint.
6. Glue the sheep’s head on the free end of the strip.
7. Paste googly eyes on the face.
8. Lastly, make a little bow out of the yellow twine and paste it below the face of the sheep.
Your sheep handprint craft is ready! Push its head down gently with your finger and see it bob and wiggle its head! This cutesy sheep craft is sure to entertain and delight young kids. Club it with Paper Plate Hen to add to your easy farm animal crafts for kids.
Make sure to explain why the head is bobbing or ask your kids instead to sneak in some nifty STEM learning. The answer lies in the accordion folds that act like a spring here.
Quick Tip: Try these Fun Preschool Science Experiments to infuse learning into play!
This is an easy Easter craft for toddlers and preschoolers and also doubles up as a spring craft for kids. All this handprint craft needs is basic craft supplies and 15 minutes of your time!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means that I earn a minuscule (< 5%) commission if you purchase.