Paper Plate Hen Craft is a fun way of turning boring afternoons into creative sessions with your kids. Extremely adorable and fun to make, this cute Hen Paper Plate Craft for Kids is a great addition to your farm animals unit.
Paper plate animal crafts cannot get more fun than this! Super easy to make, this Easy Hen craft for kids uses common craft supplies and is an exciting way to practise fine motor skills.
Hen Paper Plate Craft for Kids
This hen craft idea is sure to get your kids excited. It requires little to no prep and makes a cute hen craft that is sure to get your little one chirping! A perfect farm animal craft for school, it is easy and quick to make.
Supplies for Hen Craft
• Paper plate
• Black marker or sharpie
• Double sided tape
• Yellow twine
• Construction paper – Red, Yellow, Blue, Green
• Cardboard paper
• Template (grab the free printable at the end of the page)
How To Make Hen Craft With Paper Plate
1. Print the template provided and carefully cut out the pieces using scissors.
2. Paste the crown (head), wings (heart) and beak on red craft paper and cut them out.
3. Cut 1⁄4 section from the paper plate.
4. Paste the crown and beak on the paper plate as shown.
5. Cut out three small circles, in decreasing size, from cardboard paper to make the eye of the hen.
6. Using a sharpie colour the smallest circle black leaving a small circle to make the eye ball of the hen. Paste it on the mid-sized circle and then glue it to the biggest circle to complete hen’s eye.
7. Paste the eye on the hen’s body.
8. Take the yellow twine and paste it on the hen’s body to make three long wavy lines as shown.
9. Glue the wing on the body of the hen.
10. To make the hen’s feathers cut long strips out of craft paper in different colours. We used two shades of green, yellow, red and blue.
11. Glue the ends of each strip to make loop shaped feathers.
12. Lastly draw feet using a sharpie on the feet cutouts and paste it on your hen craft.
That’s it! Your bright and colourful Hen craft is ready to cock-a-doodle-do! Club it with ‘Hen That Laid Golden Eggs’ story to make your story time interactive and fun.
Quick Tip: Also try this Easy Paper Plate Frog Craft.
This easy hen craft is perfect for kids of all ages. Your kids will have a lot of fun making this adorable paper plate hen and playing with it.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means that I earn a minuscule (< 5%) commission if you purchase.