Looking for cute crafts for kids for summer? Your search ends here with this Easy Paper Plate Frog Craft for Kids! It is a fun craft for summers when these hopping amphibians abound and easily find their way into your backyard!
Pair this Frog Craft for Preschool with frog fun facts to make learning fun. Or simply use it as a prop while singing “5 Little Speckled Frogs” rhyme with your little ones.
It is a wonderful idea to make this adorable Frog Craft with Kids who are keen on learning about their immediate environment and exploring the animals in their local habitat.
How To Make Paper Plate Frog
Paper plate crafts are easy to make and promise lots of fun. They make wonderful crafts for toddlers, preschoolers as well as kindergarteners.
Related: Also try this cute Paper Plate Hen – it is a perfect farm animal craft to make with young kids.
This easy paper plate frog craft for kids is made using simple craft supplies and takes only a few minutes to make.
Perfect for young children, this simple frog craft for kindergarten is fun to make and just the right way to build your child’s scissor skills while honing their fine motor skills.
Supplies for Paper Plate Frog Craft
- Paper plate
- Construction paper – Green & Black
- Black Sharpie or Felt-tip pen
- Glue stick
- Pipe cleaners – Green and Red
Step-By-Step Instructions To Make Paper Plate Frog
1. Cut the paper plate into half and cover one-half of the paper plate with green paper to make the body of the frog craft.
2. From the other half of the paper plate, cut out eyes for the frog as shown.
3. Using black construction paper, cut out a semi-circle for the frog’s mouth and two corneas for the frog’s eyes. The corneas should be smaller than the eyes cut out.
4. Paste the corneas on the eyes of your frog craft for preschool. To complete the eyes, paste green pipe cleaner to outline them.
5. Glue the mouth of the frog’s body and use a red pipe-cleaner to outline the mouth of the frog.
6. Paste the eyes of the frog on the body.
7. Lastly, to make the tongue of your easy frog craft, bend the red pipe-cleaner in Z shape and paste it on the mouth of the frog craft.
That’s all! Your fun frog craft is ready! This paper plate frog craft for toddlers will excite your little kids and give them the confidence to make for crafts with you.
Related: Also check out adorable Paper Giraffe Craft!
Make a couple of these paper plate frogs in different colours like yellow, red and blue or simply add speckles to your green paper plate frog!
Related: Also check out Ice Cream Cone Craft for more summer craft ideas!
Pair these cute paper plate frogs with weird but true fun facts about these amphibians to sneak in learning while at play.
Fun Facts About Frogs For Kids
1. There are more than 4000 species of frogs inhabiting our planet Earth.
2. Frogs shed their skin completely almost once a week. After emerging from their old skin, the dead skin is usually eaten by them.
Related: Check out more Animal Facts to amaze your kids.
3. Frogs and Toads can lay about a quarter of a million eggs in their entire lifetime. That’s a lot of eggs!
4. Frogs swallow their prey whole and use their eyeballs to push the prey down their throats! Weird but true!
5. A group of frogs is called an army! Can you believe it?
6. European tree frog can jump upto 3 feet, which is almost 30 times its body length!
7. The Goliath frog from Western Africa can grow up to 16 inches long and can weigh more than 7 pounds!
8. Paedophryne Amauensis is the smallest frog in the world measuring just 7.7 millimetres! That makes it the world’s smallest vertebrate as well.
9. Glass Frogs have transparent skin! You can see its internal organs, bones and muscles through its skin.
10. Wood frog of North America freezes during winter and thaws back to life in spring!