This adorable Easter Bunny Craft idea is just right for kids who are keen on making paper plate crafts. Great for pretend plays, this moving Easter bunny paper plate craft is sure to entertain and delight kids of all ages.
Paper Plate Easter crafts cannot get more fun and easier than this cute bunny craft for kids! It also makes for a wonderful spring craft for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
Whatever may be the reason, this paper Easter rabbit craft is definitely worth a try!
Paper Plate Easter Bunny Craft
Made using simple craft supplies, this Easter craft will bring mischief and fun to your Easter celebrations. Quick to make, it comes with a free template to make crafting easy for young kids.
We bet your kids will love making this cute Easter bunny and spend hours playing with it!
Supplies for Easter Rabbit Paper Plate Craft
• Paper plate – 2
• Construction paper -pink, orange, green, brown
• Green tissue paper
• Cardstock – brown and white
• Paper straw
• Paint brush
• Black marker or sharpie
• Double sided tape
• Yellow twine
• Acrylic colour – brown
• Template (grab free printable at the end of the page)
Step-By-Step Instructions To Make Easter Bunny
1. Print the template and carefully cut the pieces out using scissors.
2. Trace the grass and ground on green craft paper; inner ears on pink paper; six small circles on orange paper; face & outer ears on white cardstock and fence on brown cardstock. Cut them out.
3. Cut the paper plate into half. Take one half of the paper plate and cut it along the straight edge to make a wave pattern. Paint it brown and let it dry.
4. Use scissors to cut six 1 inch squares from green tissue paper and crumble them to make stems for the carrots.
5. Glue the tissue paper stem onto the orange circle pieces to make the carrots.
6. Take the second half of the paper plate and attach the grass near the plate’s edge using two-way tape.
7. Fix the carrots on the grass using double sided tape.
8. Attach the brown coloured plate onto the second half of the paper plate making sure to partially cover the carrots.
9. Use a black sharpie to outline the fence and paste it on the brown paper plate using two-way tape. This is the playing ground of our moving bunny.
10. Take the second paper plate, cut it into half. Glue one half to the playing ground along the edges, making sure to leave a small glue-free space along the edge’s centre.
11. Now, we will make the easter bunny by glueing the pink inner ears on the outer ears.
12. Next draw the eyes using black sharpie on the two small white cutouts. To make the nose, paste pink construction paper on the third small cutout.
13. Paste the eyes, nose and ears on the face of your Easter bunny. Complete Easter bunny’s face by drawing eyelashes and a smile with black sharpie.
14. To make whiskers, cut six small pieces from yellow twine and paste on the sides of the nose of your Easter rabbit craft. Glue the face of the Easter rabbit at one end of the straw.
15. Lastly, pass the straw through the free space in the paper plate playing ground. Move your Easter bunny using the free end of straw to hop it around.
Such cute Easter bunny crafts for kids are a big hit with children – be it toddlers, preschoolers or kindergarteners!
Related: Also try this rocking Paper Bunny. It is an easy peasy rabbit craft for toddlers.
It is a wonderful Easter Craft for the classroom and perfect to bring the story of the Easter Bunny to life!
Club this cute Rabbit craft with Fun Easter Activities for Kids and Family to have a jolly good time at Easter!