Valentines is just the right occasion to indulge in cute crafts and nothing can fit better than an adorable Penguin Valentine craft for kids. These charming paper plate penguins are sure to waddle their way into your hearts and home!
This easy Valentine Penguin craft for preschoolers and kindergarteners is a fun way to keep your little ones creatively busy. It makes for the perfect Paper Plate Valentine craft for the classroom as well as home.
Valentine Penguin Craft
This cute Penguin Valentine Craft is super easy to make and makes for pretty valentine’s day decorations. It uses simple supplies that are easily available, is really easy on the pocket and comes with a free printable template to make crafting easy.
Did you know Emperor Penguins are the largest of all the penguins? Check out more fun fun facts here!
Supplies for Penguin Valentine’s Day Craft
• Paper plate
• Double sided tape
• Paint brush
• Black marker or sharpie
• Black acrylic colour paint
• Construction paper -Yellow, Black and Red
• Template (Grab the free printable template at the end of the page)
Step-By-Step Instructions For Paper Plate Penguin Valentine Craft
1. Paint the paper plate with black acrylic colour paint as shown and leave it to dry.
2. Print the template provided and carefully cut the pieces out using scissors.
3. Paste the heart shaped pieces on red craft paper, beak & feet on yellow construction paper and two small circles on pink paper. Glue the flippers of the penguins into brown cardboard paper. Cut the pieces out.
4. Paint penguin’s flippers with black acrylic colour paint and let them dry.
5. Attach the flippers on the paper plate penguin using a double sided tape.
6. Make a valentine heart by layering the heart pieces on top of each other.
7. Glue the 3D valentine heart on the paper plate penguin valentine craft.
8. Using a black marker, draw the eyes for your penguin craft..
9. Finally, glue the blush, beak and feet on the paper plate penguin to complete the craft.
Easy peasy, right? Club this craft with other Valentine Crafts to make your very own valentine decorations and handmade valentine gifts.
We bet your children will love making these chubby penguin crafts for Valentine’s Day. They look just so pretty and make for a perfect valentines keepsake for friends and family.
Simply download the free template to make this cutesy craft.
Related: Indulge in thoughtful Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids.
You can easily modify this craft into a winter animal craft for kids by skipping the heart shape between the flippers.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means that I earn a minuscule (< 5%) commission if you purchase.