This Halloween, make an easy Popsicle stick witch to add to your list of fun Halloween Witch Craft!
Not only this popsicle stick witch is easy to make, but also super friendly. Equipped with a broom, she is ready to take a flight around the town on Halloween night!
So let’s get started with this fun, easy to make Halloween craft for kids.
How To Make Witch Popsicle Stick Craft
Making crafty things is one of our most loved Halloween Activities. And this popsicle stick witch is our favorite witch crafts for kids!
It is a simple craft to make with little kids and a fun way to spend some quality time together.
Supplies / What You Will Need:
● Popsicle sticks
● Colored paper – Green & Black
● Orange/Yellow Yarn
● Googly eyes
● Jute Twine
● Pipe Cleaner
● Black acrylic paint
● Glue gun & stick
1. Arrange four popsicle sticks next to each other to make the body of the popsicle witch craft. Cut out ⅓ of the two popsicle sticks in the middle. Using a glue gun and another popsicle stick, glue them at the back together.
We recommend adult supervision and help in this step. Glue gun should be used by adults to avoid any burns.
2. Paint it the black using acrylic colour. Set it aside to dry.
3. Trace and cut out a medium size circle from the green craft paper and cardboard. Paste the green circle onto the cardboard. This will make the face of the witch.
4. Paste a pair of googly eyes on the circle.
5. Use a black marker to draw the witch’s mouth and nose. A little advice, you can try and draw on a scratch paper first before doing it on the actual circle.
6. Cut out a large triangle from the black construction paper to make the witch’s hat. Paste it onto the witch’s face above the googly eyes.
7. Cut ten small pieces from the yarn and then carefully glue them at the back of the face on both sides to make the witch’s hair.
8. Cut the pipe cleaner equal to the width of the black triangle that is the witch’s hat. Paste it onto the witch’s hat to complete the look.
9. Next, glue the head and body of the witch together to complete the witch.
10. Now let’s make the quintessential witch’s broom. To make the witch’s broom, cut the popsicle stick lengthwise along the sides to make a thin broom handle.
You can also use a paper straw for the broom handle. Simply cut one-third of the straw and discard it. Paint the remaining two-third of the straw brown to make the broom handle.
11. Using scissors, cut the jute twine into short pieces nearly 2 inches long.
12. Attach the jute twine pieces on the broom handle.
13. Finally, brush the jute yarn to separate the fibers to get the broom effect.
Place the broom under the popsicle sticks witch to complete this cute and adorable craft for kids.
It is a great idea to make a couple of these cute little witches and place them around a Halloween background. Or use it as a prop while you read Room On The Broom to your child.
Related: Love popsicle stick crafts? Check out 30 Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts for more fun!
Your preschoolers and kiddos will love making this craft and showing it off to their friends and family.
Lastly before you start with this craft, do you know What’s a witch’s favorite subject in school?
Got you! It’s just a silly Halloween joke to get kids laughing.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means that I earn a minuscule (< 5%) commission if you purchase.