Whether you are a fan of these arachnids or not, Halloween is the time when they are everywhere! And let’s admit it, no Halloween decorations are complete without some creepy spider crafts for kids.
These eight-legged creatures are just as loved as they are feared. And when we think of a perfect spider craft for kids, we want the craft to evoke the same feelings!
The spider craft we are sharing here is creepy to the best and yet so much fun to make. Kids will have a great time making this super cute craft.
It almost looks like a real spider and we bet your kids (and you!) will have a fun time tricking their friends with this real-look-alike spider. Silly laughs guaranteed!
This Fun Halloween craft is perfect for kindergarteners and older kids. While it is a great spider craft for preschoolers as well, they might need little more help than their older counterparts.
Spooky Spider Craft for Halloween
Ready to make a real-look-alike spider for your Halloween tricking? Here are the things you would need to make your tricking partner.
- Plastic spoon
- Glue gun
- Wooden skewers/ Barbeque sticks – 4
- Googly eyes
- Black acrylic paint
1. Using a marker, draw the spider’s head and abdomen on the spoon.
2. Cut out the spider’s body.
3. Use a glue gun to cover the spider’s body with hot glue.
4. Dab cotton on the spider’s body while the glue is still warm to make cotton stick onto it.
5. Paint its body black using acrylic colour and let it dry. Your spider’s body is now complete.
6. Now, to make the legs, take the skewer sticks and cover them with hot glue using a glue gun.
7. To make the legs hairy, dab cotton onto the hot glue like you did for the body of the spider.
8. Paint the skewers black and let them dry.
9. Once dry, cut each skewer into 2 segments of 4 cm each and 2 segments of 2 cm each. This will give you 8 segments of 4 cm and 8 segments of 2 cm to make the legs of the spider.
10. Use glue gun to attach the segment of 4cm with the segment of 2 cm at an obtuse angle to make eight legs of spider.
11. Attach the legs to the spider’s body.
12. Add the googly eyes to the body and your creepy, scary spider is ready!
We bet this is one of the best spider crafts for kids and just the perfect addition to your kids craft room. Hang it on a fake spider web to elevate your halloween party decorations.
Related: Also check out Exciting Halloween Activities for Kids for spooktacular celebrations.
Kids will love playing with it and having silly laughs! And for those of you who fancy these mysterious, eight-legged creatures, here are some easy reads to learn more about spiders.
Related: Make way for silly laugh with these hilarious Halloween Jokes.
Spider Books For Kids
This is an informative read for little learners who are getting interested in knowing more about these creepy crawly creatures. Beautiful pictures, easy to read text makes it a perfect read for young children.
Recommended for kids 3 years and above.
“Spiders” by Gail Gibbons is a fantastic read for young children. Beautifully illustrated, this book packs in lot of information for young minds.
Definitely a wonderful peep into the fascinating world of arachnids, this book is best suited for kids 4 years and above.
Suitable for early readers, this book has high quality images and simple text to keep young learners hooked. Loaded with fun facts and information, it is a great start for kids looking to learn more about spiders.
Recommended for kids 5 years and above.
This is a great book for older children, 7 years and above. It packs in a lot of information about the eight-legged creatures – their anatomy, feeding habits, along with their behaviour.
Full colour pictures with easy to understand text makes it a captivating book for kids.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, which means that I earn a minuscule (< 5%) commission if you purchase.