Looking for a fun way to entertain kids without getting into too much hassle? Here is a great list of the best This or That Questions that is sure to get everyone excited.
This or That Questions are rather simple questions that offer two choices to pick from. These interesting questions are perfect for family game nights or for a long boring road trip.
These fun questions are just the right way to get to know your kids, friends, and family and can lead to interesting conversations. What’s more, they can be played anywhere like while shopping in a store with kids or waiting in a long queue to kill time and banish boredom.
We bet these awesome This or That Questions for Kids will not only entertain your children but also cement your bonding with them.
So this family game night, give board games a miss and instead try this fun game of This or That Questions.
Table of Contents:
- Funny This or That Questions
- This or That Questions for Students
- This or That Questions for Friends
- This or that Weather Questions
- Food This or That Questions
- Animals This or That Questions
- Sports This or That Questions
- Fantasy This or That Questions
- Family This or That Questions
- Movies This or That Questions for Kids
- Music This or That Questions for Kids
- Books This or That Questions for Kids
How To Play This Or That Questions?
These conversation starters, just like would you rather questions, can be played in the usual turn-taking way where everyone gets a turn to ask each other This or that question.
Another way to play this game of This or That Questions is that the person asking the question (the speaker)picks the answer and then asks the other person to guess his or her answer. That is the second person answers on behalf of the speaker.
If the second person gives the correct answer, she/he wins a point and the speaker continues to ask the next question. However, if the answer is incorrect, the speaker gains a point, and turns are switched.
Fun Tip: Pair these questions with Never Have I Ever Questions for Kids to notch up the fun!
Funny This or That Questions for Kids
These funny questions will get your kids thinking deeply and laughing. Super silly and fun, they are great icebreakers with kids and just the right trick to get them talking.
1. Fart or Burp?
2. Sneeze or Cough?
3. Truth or Dare?
Related: Fan of Truth or Dare? Here is the best kid-friendly, clean collection of Truth or Dare Questions for Kids that are sure to get everyone excited.
4. Jokes or Pranks?
5. Bad breath or Body odor?
6. Sticky hair or no hair?
7. Boogers or Gunk?
8. Funny hats or Funny socks?
9. Sleep while standing or Sleep with one eye open?
Related: Did you know a flamingo sleeps while balancing on one leg? Find out more about Weird Animals Sleep patterns and be amazed!
10. One big eye or three small eyes?
11. An extra toe or an extra finger?
12. Blue skin or Purple tongue?
13. Long hair or long nose?
14. Fly on a broom or fly on a tricycle?
15. Kiss a frog or kiss a snail?
16. Toilet paper goes under or over?
17. Fart when you sneeze or pee when you sneeze?
18. Funny movie or funny prank?
Quick Tip: Also try Questions For Kids to get them talking their hearts out!
19. Clean Bathroom or do dishes?
20. Vacuuming or Mowing?
21. Scary movie or a funny movie?
22. Animals or People?
23. Be a mannequin or a painting?
24. Be your old neighbor for a day or a smelly cat for a day?
25. Slither or Scamper?
26. Hiss when you speak or croak when you talk?
27. Sleep in the bathtub or in the garage?
28. Have two tongues or four ears?
This or That Questions for Students
Get to know your students better with these questions. They are sure to provide insight into your student’s minds and help you understand them better.
29. Online school or classroom learning?
30. Science or History?
31. Project work or Essay?
32. Pen or Pencil?
33. Surprise test or Viva?
34. Gym class or Art Class?
35. Group work or Solo assignment?
36. Field trip or Picnic?
37. Teacher’s pet or Sports champ?
38. Library or Computer lab?
39. Social Studies or Maths?
40. Drive to school or take the bus?
41. Have many friends or one best friend?
42. Essay or Multiple choice questions?
43. Debate or JAM?
44. Scratch or Minecraft?
Related: Have students who love coding? Check out Coding For Kids for fun ideas and resources.
45. Kiddle or Google?
46. YouTubeKids or YouTube?
47. Cloud Storage or USB backup?
48. Online Test or Exam paper?
49. Ballpoint pen or Gel Pen?
50. Watercolors or Brush Pens?
51. Collage making or Origami?
52. Painting or Sketching?
53. PE or Field Trip?
54. Camp or Picnic?
55. Forget your assignment or forget your project?
56. Play sports or do gym class?
57. Debate or Paper?
58. Teacher calls out your grade aloud in the class or catches you cheating?
59. Comics or Novels?
60. Kindle or Paper books?
61. iPad or laptop?
62. iOS or Android?
63. Teacher catches you sleeping in the class or reads aloud your text message?
64. Spring or fall?
65. Canteen lunch or home food?
66. Burger or Hotdog?
67. Write a story or a poem?
68. Fiction or non-fiction
69. Quilling or Origami?
70. Math or Physics?
71. Subjective test or Objective test?
72. Teacher catches you online shopping in class or texting in class?
73. Computer games or console games?
74. Long or Short hair?
75. French fries or smilies?
76. Team building assignment or solo project?
77. Folder or notebook?
78. Clean locker or unkempt locker?
79. School dress or Casuals?
80. Fun Friday or spirit week?
81. Private school or homeschool?
82. School on holidays or school on weekends?
83. Long division or four-digit multiplication
84. Permutation or Combination?
85. Statistics or algebra?
86. Geometry or Data handling?
87. Life science or Astronomy?
88. Zoology or Botany?
89. Whiteboard or Chalkboard?
90. Smartboard or Whiteboard?
This or That Questions for Friends
These “this or that” questions are a great way to get to know your friends better. They are simple and yet will give you deep insights into the likes and dislikes of your friends.
91. Friends or Cousins?
92. Movies or playdates?
93. Theme park or water park?
94. Family guy or best friend?
95. Play sports or watch movies?
96. Text on Social media or Phone?
97. Go shopping in-store or garage sale?
98. Share clothes or don’t share clothes?
99. Share food or never share food?
100. Share drinks or share food?
101. Rich friend or true friend?
102. Call friends or text friends in your free time?
103. Video Games or Board Games?
104. Instagram or TikTok?
105. Reels or Stories?
106. Italian takeaway or Mexican?
107. Scrabble or Pictionary?
108. Laser tag or amusement park?
109. Scary movie or Thriller?
110. Movie or TV Series?
111. Dance or karaoke?
112. Roller Skating or Skateboarding?
113. Read or play Board Games?
114. Truth or Dare?
115. Have one loyal friend or one rich friend?
116. Roller coaster or water slide?
117. Trekking or rafting?
118. Disney movie or Marvel Movie?
119. Avengers or Justice League?
120. Puzzles or console games?
121. Piercing or Tattoo?
122. Hermione or Ron?
123. Card games or outdoor games?
124. New phone or new tablet?
125. Hip hop or Jazz?
126. Postcards or Letters?
127. Letters or Emails?
128. Sidekick or group leader?
129. Photos or videos?
130. Hang out in a group or one-to-one?
131. Horse riding or Cycling?
132. Beach or Mountains?
133. Savory or Sweet?
134. Shower gel or soap?
135. Mobile games or console games?
136. Sneakers or flip-flops?
137. Shorts or pants?
138. History museum or art museum?
139. Surprise party or planned party?
140. Play sports or watch sports?
141. Lead debate team or sports team?
142. House party or pool party?
143. Shop at a store or online shopping?
144. Branded or generic?
145. Boxer or briefs?
146. Watch or bracelet?
147. Bowtie or necktie?
148. Truck or car?
149. Game arcade or Water park?
150. Carpet or hardwood floors?
151. What’s App or Viber?
152. Tintin or Asterix?
152. Flintstones or Scooby-Doo?
154. Souvenirs or postcards?
155. Colored hair or natural hair?
156. Planetarium or Aquarium?
157. Play or musical?
158. Snowhite or Cinderella?
159. Analog watch or Digital watch?
160. Standing or Sitting?
161. Go snowboarding or skiing?
162. Surfing or sailing?
163. Paragliding or skydiving?
164. Fame or money?
165. Blue eyes or green eyes?
166. Black hair or blonde?
167. Straight hair or curly hair?
168. Polka or stripes?
169. Superman or Batman?
170. Flowers or Blossoms?
171. French or Spanish?
172. Pullover or zip-up hoodie?
173. Sweatpants or Pjs?
174. High heels or flats?
This or That Weather Questions
Find out whether your kiddo likes it sunny or cold outside with these Weather This or That Questions. Get to know which seasons they like, if they enjoy rainfall or snowfall, and what weather gets them into a good mood.
175. Hail or Snow?
176. Rain or Snowfall?
177. Summers or Winters?
178. Spring or fall?
179. Sunny or cloudy?
180. Day or Night?
181. Rainbow or Lunar halo?
Related: Delve into the interesting Science Behind Lunar Halo and learn when and how it is formed.
182. Raincoat or umbrella?
183. Hurricane or Tornado?
184. Blizzard or Hailstorm?
185. Earmuffs or cap?
186. Gloves or mittens?
187. Scarf or hat?
188. Foggy or cloudy?
189. Sweating or freezing?
190. Bonfire or heated cabin?
191. Walking in snow or walking in rain?
192. Snowman or sandcastle?
193. Windsock or wind vane?
194. Celsius or Fahrenheit?
195. Sun hat or sunscreen?
196. Earthquake or Tsunami?
197. Warm or Hot?
198. Lightening or thunder?
199. Lightning strike or Hurricane?
200. Sleet or rain?
Food This or That Questions For Kids
Do your kids like to eat savory all day or do they have a sweet tooth? Do they always pick junk food over healthy food? Plenty of insights to gain here, both for your kids and you, as you go over these food this or that questions for kids.
201. Jelly beans or Marshmallows?
202. Icecream or Popsicle?
203. Tart or Pie?
204. Gummy bears or Jell-O?
205. Chocolate Frogs or Flavoured Beans?
206. Butterbeer or Soda?
207. Hot chocolate or Slurpee?
208. Pizza or Pasta?
209. Spaghetti or Mac ‘N’ Chesse?
210. Cupcake or muffin?
Related: Explore Baking for Kids with your little chefs. You would be surprised how much kids can learn while baking a cake!
211. Skittles or M&Ms?
212. Sneakers or Peanut butter cups?
213. Peanut butter or almond butter?
214. Chocolate shake or Strawberry shake?
215. Waffles or Pancakes?
216. Scrambled eggs or Poached eggs?
217. Ice cream in a cone or cup?
218. Chocolate fudge or ice cream sundae?
219. Tacos or Wings?
220. Cheeseburger or Hot dogs?
221. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
222. Iced coffee or hot coffee?
223. Cheese pizza or Pepperoni?
224. MacDonald or Burger King?
225. French fries or chicken nuggets?
226. Bacon or Sausage?
227. Bagel or Donut?
228. Milkshake or ice cream shake?
229. Smoothies or Milkshakes?
230. Iced tea or hot tea?
231. Juice or Soda?
232. Fries or Wedges?
233. Sweet or sour?
234. Sandwich or Panini?
235. Hot Soup or cold soup?
236. Butter croissant or pain au chocolat?
237. Potato chips or nachos?
238. Nachos with cheese dip or nachos with salsa?
239. Cookies or cupcakes?
240. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
241. White chocolate or dark chocolate?
242. Milk or juice?
243. Mustard or ketchup?
244. Mayo or Mustard?
245. Cheesecake or frosting?
246. Olives or chives?
247. Broccoli or Beans?
248. Peas or Edamame?
249. Wasabi or Salsa?
250. Apple or banana?
251. Orange or Apple?
252. Watermelon or pineapple?
253. Blueberry or strawberry?
254. Plums or prunes?
255. Artichoke or asparagus?
256. Candy-cane or candy-floss?
257. Bread or rice?
258. Onion rings or potato wedges?
259. Dessert or no dessert?
260. Baked potatoes or mashed potatoes?
261. Hamburger or Cheeseburger?
262. Tacos or Burritos?
263. Mexican or Sushi?
264. Italian or Indian?
265. Eggs sunny-side up or boiled?
266. Brown bagel or white bagel?
267. Taco Bell or Burger King?
268. English muffins or scones?
269. Jam or marmalade?
270. Cheese or butter?
271. Muskmelon or watermelon?
272. Dragon fruit or Durian?
273. Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts?
274. Eat sweets all day or savory food?
275. Cold salad or hot soup?
276. Porridge or cereal?
278. Butter popcorn or caramel popcorn?
279. Goat milk or cow milk?
280. Chocolate cake or chocolate shake?
281. Fruit leather or Granola bar?
282. Oats or porridge?
283. Cereal with cold milk or cereal with hot milk?
284. Banana with chocolate sauce or banana with peanut butter?
285. Nutella or Peanut butter?
286. Broccoli ice cream or broccoli pancake?
287. Rotten eggs or sour milk?
288. Kale smoothie or spinach smoothie?
289. Bottle gourd or ridge gourd?
Animals This or That Questions
Most kids love pets or do they? Is your kiddo an animal lover or is shy of animals? Do creepy crawlies freak them out or are they a veterinarian in the making? These “this or that” questions for kids will help you gauge your kiddo’s interest in the animal kingdom.
290. Dogs or cats?
291. Wild animals or farm animals?
292. One horse sized duck or one duck sized horse?
293. Unicorn or Phoenix?
294. Talking donkey or talking cat?
295. Flying dog or flying cat?
296. Flying squirrel or flying fish?
297. Whale or Orca?
298. Shark or Pirañha?
Related: Curious about Sharks? Get to know Everything About Sharks and how these majestic creatures are critical for our oceans.
299. Goldfish or Clownfish?
300. Panda or Koala?
301. Grizzly bear or Polar bear?
302. Salmon or Tuna?
303. Snow Leopard or Jaguar?
304. Fins or wings?
305. Tails or fins?
306. Mammals or birds?
307. Reptiles or amphibians?
308. Pet Fish or pet bird?
309. Claws or talons?
310. Squid or Octopus?
311. Jellyfish or Squid?
312. Easter bunny or Easter chick?
Related: This Easter, make cute easter bunnies and chicks with these easy, simple Easter Crafts for Kids.
313. Squirrel or Chipmunk?
314. Raccoon or Lemur?
315. Owl or Eagle?
316. Hold a spider or hold a snake?
Quick Tip: Club these questions with Animal Fun Facts to sneak in learning while having fun!
317. Touch a cockroach or touch a lizard?
318. Own a three-headed dog or Unicorn?
319. Milk a camel or milk a cow?
320. Pat a tiger or pat a lion?
321. Elephant or giraffe?
322. Rhinoceros or Hippopotamus?
323. Swim in a tank with a crocodile or swim in a tank with a shark?
324. Friendly gorilla or friendly baboon?
325. Ride an elephant or ride a giraffe?
326. Hold a slimy slug or hold a slimy snail?
327. Kittens or pups?
328. Red panda or Giant panda?
329. Aquarium or fishbowl?
330. Creepy crawlies or reptiles?
Sports This or That Questions For Kids
Get your children’s minds exercising with these sports this or that questions game. What games and sports do they like? Who is their favorite sports player? Do they like it outdoors or do they prefer it indoors? Find out answers to these questions and many more.
331. Table tennis or Lawn tennis?
332. Wimbledon or French open?
333. Hardcourt or sand court?
334. Football or basketball?
335. Baseball or Basketball?
336. Golf or bowling?
337. Kayaking or Canoeing?
338. Gymnastics or Parkour?
339. Car racing or motorbiking?
340. FIFA or NBA?
341. Ronald o or Messi?
342. Rodger Federer or Rafael Nadal?
343. Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?
344. Serena Williams or Venus Williams?
345. A successful career as an NBA player or a successful career as a FIFA player?
346. Bumper cars or go-karting?
347. Badminton or table tennis?
348. Ice hockey or Lawn hockey?
349. XFL or NFL?
350. Referee or Coach?
351. Chess or Carom?
352. Cricket or Baseball?
353. Wrestling or weight lifting?
354. Sumo wrestler or boxer?
355. Skating or Ice skating?
356. Shooting or Archery?
357. Swim free-style or back-stroke?
358. Be the best soccer player or best tennis player?
Fantasy This or That Questions for Kids
Check out how imaginative and crazy your kiddo can be with these weird this or that questions. They are sure to get your kids hooked and talking.
359. Be an Ogar or be a troll?
360. Face a werewolf or face a Dracula?
361. Ride a unicorn or a hippogriff?
Related: Got a Harry Potter fan at home? We bet they will also enjoy Harry Potter Would You Rather Questions Game.
362. Be a witch or a wizard?
363. Own a magic carpet or own a flying bike?
364. Be a mermaid or a merlion?
365. Master of Potions or Master of Dark Arts?
366. Have the same dream forever or no dreams at all?
367. Be Dr. Strange or Harry Potter?
368. Have a pet dragon or giant pet serpent?
369. Fairy godmother or fairy princess?
370. Siren or Mermaid?
371. Meet Frankenstein or meet a Werewolf?
372. Learn to ride a broom or learn to fly?
373. Be a centaur or a goblin?
374. Crystal ball or wand?
375. Gnome or angel?
376. Have three arms or three legs?
377. Four eyes or four legs?
378. Ability to see the future or change the past?
379. Gnomes for friends or minpins for friends?
380. Live on the clouds or underwater?
381. Own magic beans or a goose that lays golden eggs?
Family This or That Questions
Strengthen family bonding and get talking as a family with these fun family this or that questions. These are great for family fun nights or for a long boring trip. What’s more, they are a simple yet fun way to get to know each other better!
Quick Tip: Pair these questions with Fun Family Games To Play At Home to notch up family fun.
382. Daddy’s darling or Mommy’s cupcake?
383. Game night or movie night?
384. Country or city?
385. Lakes or Beaches?
386. Beach holiday or holiday in the mountains?
387. Holidays with grandparents or holidays traveling?
388. Nana or grandma?
389. Papa or grandpa?
390. Identical twins or siblings?
391. Brother or sister?
392. Birthday party with friends or birthday party with family?
393. Nature walk with friends or Nature walk with family?
394. Solo trip or family trip?
395. Van or SUV?
396. Sedan or hatchback?
397. Go camping with family or camping with friends?
398. Only child or siblings?
399. Aunts or uncles?
400. Lunch with a Best friend or lunch with a sibling?
401. Movie day with siblings or grandparents?
Movies This or That Questions for Kids
These questions are sure to entertain everyone! Be it a Disney buff or a Marvel fan, these questions are an exciting way to entertain kids and get them talking about their favorite movies and characters.
402. Harry Potter or Chronicles of Narnia?
403. Endgame or X-Men?
404. Frozen I or Frozen II?
405. Antman or Spider-Man?
406. Superman or Hulk?
407. Black widow or Wonder Woman?
Related: Inspire kids with these entertaining STEM Movies for Kids and Families.
408. Cinderella or Sleeping beauty?
409. Tinker bell or TinTin?
410. Shrek or Kung-fu Panda?
411. Hotel Transylvania or Coco?
412. Moana or Raya & the Last Dragon?
413. Baby Yoda or baby groom?
414. Thor or Hulk?
415. Fantastic Four or Avengers?
416. Toy Story or Cars?
417. Dora or Jumanji?
418. Finding Nemo or Finding Dory?
419. Good Dinosaur or Lion King?
420. Jungle book or Lion King?
421. The Wizard of Oz or Harry Potter?
422. IMAX movie or 3D movie?
423. Comedy movie or action movie?
424. Animated movie or action movie?
425. Drive-in Movie or Movie in Cinema?
426. Popcorn or Soda?
427. Movie on Netflix or Movie on Disney+ Hotstar?
428. Disney or Nickelodeon?
429. Elsa or Anna?
430. Jasmine or Ariel?
431. Star Trek or Star Wars?
432. Percy Jackson or TinTin?
433.Fantasy or drama?
Music This or That Questions for Kids
Your music lover will have a hard time deciding on these Music this or that questions for kids. And don’t be surprised if you get an unexpected answer!
434. Sing solo or chorus?
435. EarPods or Earphones?
436. Guitar or Ukulele?
437. Drums or Violin?
438. Keyboard or Piano?
Related: Add some music to your child’s learning activities and watch attention and learning soar with these Music Games and Activities for kids.
439. Classical music or Jazz music?
440. Pop music or Rock music?
441. Maracas or Banjo?
442. Sound of Music or Mary Poppins?
443. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
444.Eminem or Justin Timberlake?
445. Jonas Brothers or Justin Bieber?
446. Adele or Taylor Swift?
447. Musical or play?
448. Hip-hop or Country music?
449. Sing or listen to music?
450. Spotify or Wink?
Books This or That Questions
Bewilder your book readers with these hard this or that questions that will make them choose between their best books and characters. We assure you, that these questions are not easy to answer and will make your little readers think deeply!
451. Chapter Books or Comics?
452. Dogman or Captain Underpants?
453. Famous Five or Hardy Boys?
454. Magic Treehouse or The Adventures of the Wishing Chair?
455. Alice in Wonderland or Charlie and the Chocolate factory?
456. Harry Potter or Land of Stories?
457. Sherlock Holmes or Elona Holmes?
Related: Got a little spy at home? Explore Crime Scene Investigation for Kids the fun and child-friendly way.
458. Science fiction or non-fiction?
Related: Got a non-fiction lover at home? Check out handpicked, exhaustive list of Biographies for Kids. From Scientists to Sport-persons to common people who changed the world, we have got everyone covered.
459. Graphic novels or novels?
460. Mythology or Fiction?
461. Hardcover or paperback?
462. Old books or new books?
463. Read all day or read like a night owl?
464. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
465. Roald Dahl or David Walliams?
466. Enid Blyton or J.K. Rowling?
467. Hungry Caterpillar or The Very Busy Spider?
468. Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys?
469. Book without words or book without illustrations?