Tongue twisters for kids have been around for ages and children just love them. It is easy to bond with children over these tongue twisting riddles. The reason is simple: these tricky, easy tongue twisters for kids are fun, silly and amusing!
Reciting Tongue twisters is the most simple and amusing way to help kids develop language fluency, pronunciation and vocabulary, promoting speaking skills holistically.
Check out our amazing list of 90+ best tongue twisters for kids that are equally fun and exciting for adults too.
- Easy Tongue Twisters for Kids
- Short Tongue Twisters
- Hard Tongue Twisters for Kids
- Funny Tongue Twisters for Kids
- Dr. Seuss Tongue Twisters for Kids
- Benefits of Tongue Twisters
What is a Tongue Twister?
Tongue twister is basically a sequence of words, which are meant to confuse your brain. This makes them a challenge to repeat quickly.
They rely on sounds that are alliterative, which means a repetition of words that have the same initial consonant. Hence, it becomes tricky to pronounce tongue twisters quickly and clearly.
Do Tongue Twisters Help to Improve Speech?
Tongue twisters are great for practicing pronunciation and speech. They help your child strengthen their speech muscles, make their speech clearer, and improve their diction.
Tongue twisters also improve speech fluency, help younger children identify sounds that are tricky, and are excellent for use in speech therapy. S tongue twisters in particular are helpful for lisps.
Easy tongue twisters for kids will basically work like physical exercise for the tongue. The more they practice, the better their pronunciation will be.
And if you combine tongue twisters with some funny riddles, that doubles the fun!
We recommend starting with easy, short tongue twisters first. Once your kids are adept at the easy ones, you can progress to longer, harder tongue twisting riddles for kids.
But don’t forget to throw in some fun tongue twisters to keep their interest alive and kicking. Remember, having fun is the key!
Easy Tongue Twisters in English for Kids
Before your kids can champion their way to harder tongue twisters, let them practise some easier and famous tongue twisters to start with. Perfect for beginners, simple tongue twisters are just the right place to start for young kids.
These easy tongue twisters for kids are an excellent way to boost their oral communication skills. Also, tongue twisters in english for students are a wonderful, fun way to get non-english speaking students to hone their speaking skills.
1. She sees cheese
2. She sells seashells on the seashore.
3. The blue bluebird blinks.
4. He threw three free throws.
5. Eleven benevolent elephants
Quick Tip: Pair these best tongue twisters for kids with Fun Truth Or Dare Questions to keep children excited and gleefully happy!
6. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
7. Nine nimble noblemen nibbling nuts.
8. Betty and Bob brought back blue balloons from the big bazaar.
9. Toy boat. Try boat. Toy boat. Try boat.
10. Crisp crusts crackle and crunch.
Related: Having fun with these Tongue twisters? We bet you will also love Would You Rather Questions for Kids.
11. Fred fed Ted bread and Ted fed Fred bread
12. Really leery, rarely Larry
13. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
14. Scissors sizzle, thistles sizzle
15. Which witch is which?
16. Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen
17. Clean clams crammed in clean cans.
18. Red lorry, yellow lorry
Short Tongue Twisters for Kids
Ready to go faster and challenge yourself? Try these short tongue twisters in english!
While you may think these short tongue twisters for kids are a cake walk, we bet they are not! Trying saying them fast a few times and you will see yourself muddling up the words.
19. Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen.
20. Proper copper coffee pot
21. Zebras zig and zebras zag.
22. Specific Pacific
23. Betty and Bob brought back blue balloons from the big bazaar.
24. Freshly fried fresh flesh
25. Willie’s really weary
26. Octopus ocular optics
27. Red leather, yellow leather.
28. Bad money, mad bunny.
29. Freshly-fried flying fish.
30. Tommy Tucker tried to tie.
Related: While Tongue Twisters are an excellent way to break monotony for kids, it is a good idea to combine them with interesting Brain Breaks for Kids for maximum fun!
Hard English Tongue Twisters for Kids
Think you are a pro at tongue twisters? Try these hard tongue twisters to challenge yourself and see if you can say them fast at least 10 times. And we mean fast like a rapper!
We bet these long tongue twisters will test your speech skills like no other and also strengthen your memory skills.
31. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
33. A sailor went to sea to see, what he could see. And all he could see was sea, sea, sea.
34. If you want to buy, buy, if you don’t want to buy, bye bye!’
36. Fresh fried fish, fish fresh fried, fried fish fresh, fish fried fresh.
37. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
39. I can think of six thin things, but I can think of six thick things too.
40. Whether the weather is warm, whether the weather is hot, we have to put up with the weather, whether we like it or not.
41. Not these things here, but those things there.
42. Six sick chicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks
43. Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie
45. Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents
46. Any noise annoys an oyster but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more
47. Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right
48. She sold six shabby sheared sheep on ship
Related: This tongue twister is perfect for Halloween! So are these Funny Halloween Jokes…check them out!
49. The bottom of the butter bucket is the buttered bucket bottom
50. Betty bought a bit of butter. But the butter Betty bought was bitter.
51. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Related: Don’t forget to target your child’s numeracy skills with Number Games for Kids to help them master maths the fun way!
52. Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep
53. Super-duper storm troopers whoop it up at Death Star groupers: helmet thrashing, rebel bashing, laser blasting at party poopers.
54. Rory the warrior and Roger the worrier were reared wrongly in a rural brewery
55. No need to light a night-light on a light night like tonight
56. A big black bug bit a big black bear made the big black bear bleed blood
57. Kindly kittens knitting mittens keep kazooing in the king’s kitchen
58. A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk
59. Can you can a canned can into an un-canned can like a canner can can a canned can into an un-canned can?
Related: Looking for more Fun Ideas to banish Boredom? Here are Fun Games to Play When Bored that are certain to banish your kiddo’s boredom blues!
60. On a lazy laser raiser lies a laser ray eraser
61. Many mumbling mice are making merry music in the moonlight
62. These sheep shouldn’t sleep in a shack; Sheep should sleep in a shed
63. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.
64. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
65. If you must cross a course cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully
66. Hassock hassock, black spotted hassock. Black spot on a black back of a black spotted hassock
67. Did Dick Pickens prick his pinkie pickling cheap cling peaches in an inch of Pinch or framing his famed French finch photos?
68. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines
69. Does your sport shop stock short socks with spots?
Funny Tongue Twisters for Kids
These funny tongue twisters for kids will not only work on their speech muscles but also give them a good laugh! Non-sensical and irrational, these tongue twisters are just right for a fun challenge with friends and family!
Tip: Pair these funny Tongue Twisters with Super Silly Jokes for Kids for a laughter riot!
70. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I’d have a cow pie in my eye
71. I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw
72. A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back
73. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, FuzzyWuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy… was he?
74. A synonym for cinnamon is a cinnamon synonym
75. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks
76. Background background, black, black, brown, brown
77. How many yaks could a yak pack, pack if a yak pack could pack yaks?
78. Double bubble gum, bubbles double
79. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
80. Thirty-three thirsty, thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday
81. Gobbling gorgoyles gobbled gobbling goblins
82. Spread it thick, say it quick
83. A tutor who tooted the flute tried to tutor two tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, “Is it harder to toot or to tutor two tooters to toot?”
84. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
85. If one doctor doctors another doctor, then which doctor is doctoring the doctored doctor? Does the doctor who doctors the doctor, doctor the doctor the way the doctor is doctoring doctors?
86. Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.
87. I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop, Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines
Dr. Seuss Tongue Twisters for Kids
Dr. Seuss books are a favourite with kids! His books have entertained and delighted kids for years. And several of them had silly, funny tongue twisters too.
These hard and tricky tongue twisters for kids will inspire love for reading and help them build their memory and language skills.
88. Of the world’s finest, fanciest Breezy Trapeezing! My Zoom-a-Zoop Troupe from West Upper Ben-Deezing.
89. The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, then the storm starts stopping.
90. I love to draw whiskers, and Mr. McGrew didn’t have even one. So I drew him a few.
91. BIG J, little j
What begins with j?
Jerry Jordan’s jelly jar and jam begin that way.
92. I’ll bag a big bug who is very surprising. A feller who has a propeller for rising.
93. You can stop, if you want, with the Z. Because most people stop with the Z. But not me!
Related: Got a reader at home? Expand her mind with Inspiring Biographies for Kids.
94. Or worse than all that…Why, you might be a WASN’T! A wasn’t has no fun at all. No, he doesn’t. A Wasn’t just isn’t. He just isn’t present. But you…You ARE YOU! And, now isn’t that pleasant!
95. Mr Brown is smart as smart as they come! He can do a hippopotamus chewing scrum! SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM!
96. That Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches.
97. See bee three now we see three.
Benefits of Tongue Twisters
1. These silly phrases with alliterative sounds are a great tool to improve speech and pronunciation. Think of them as a fun literacy exercise that targets reading skills and works wonders with fluency and diction.
2. Tongue twisters are a fun way to build concentration and memory skills. They are particularly helpful in combating speech difficulties like stuttering and lisps.
3. What’s more, these repetitive phrases strengthen brain muscles as well as facial muscles besides providing clean, silly entertainment for the whole family.
1. Fun way to build concentration and memory skills
2. Helpful in combating speech difficulties like stuttering and lisps
3. Repetitive phrases strengthen brain and facial muscles
4. Ameliorate pronunciation and articulation skills
5. Boost language prowess
1. The blue bluebird blinks
2. Crisp crusts crackle and crunch
3. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly
4. Specific Pacific
5. Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen.
1. You can stop, if you want, with the Z. Because most people stop with the Z. But not me!
2. The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, then the storm starts stopping.
1. Six Slippery Snails, Slid Slowly Seawards
2. She sells seashells on the seashore
3. Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep
Get Your Own Journal on Sound: