Tongue twisters for kids have been around for ages and children just love them. It is easy to bond with children over these tongue twisters. The reason is simple: tongue twister for kids is fun, silly and amusing!
Tongue twisters are sequence of words, which are meant to confuse your brain and thus making them difficult to repeat quickly.
They rely on sounds that are alliterative, which means a repetition of sounds that have same initial consonant. Hence, it becomes tricky to pronounce tongue twisters quickly and clearly.
Are Tongue Twisters Good for Kids?
Tongue twisters for kids are great for practising punctuation and speech. They help your child strengthen their speech muscles. Thus, making their speech clearer and improving their diction.
Tongue twisters improve fluency of speech as well. With younger children, they help them identify the sounds that are tricky.
And if you combine tongue twisters with riddles, that increases their curiosity quotient! So all in all, tongue twister for kids is a complete package of fun conjoined with speech therapy.
To reap all the above benefits of tongue twisters for kids, we recommend to start with easy, short tongue twisters first. Once your kids are adept at the easy ones, you can progress to longer, harder tongue twisters for kids.
But don’t forget to throw in some funny tongue twisters to keep their interest alive and kicking. Remember, having fun is the key!
Easy & Short Tongue Twisters in English for Kids
Before your kids can champion their way to hard tongue twisters for kids, let them practise some easier ones. These easy and short tongue twisters for kids are an excellent way to boost their oral and written communication skills.
Perfect for beginners, easy tongue twisters are just the right start for young kids.
1. She sees cheese
2. She sells seashells on the seashore.
3. The blue bluebird blinks.
4. He threw three free throws.
5. Eleven benevolent elephants
6. Six sticky skeletons
7. Nine nimble noblemen nibbling nuts.
8. Truly rural
9. Toy boat. Try boat. Toy boat. Try boat.
10. Crisp crusts crackle and crunch.
11. Fred fed Ted bread and Ted fed Fred bread
12. Really leery, rarely Larry
13. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
14. Scissors sizzle, thistles sizzle
15. Which witch is which?
16. Daddy draws doors
17. Clean clams crammed in clean cans.
18. Red lorry, yellow lorry
Having fun with these Tongue twisters? We bet you will also love Would You Rather Questions for Kids.
19. Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen.
20. Proper copper coffee pot
21. Zebras zig and zebras zag.
22. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
23. Betty and Bob brought back blue balloons from the big bazaar.
24. Freshly fried fresh flesh
25. Willie’s really weary
26. Octopus ocular optics
27. Red leather, yellow leather.
28. Bad money, mad bunny.
29. Freshly-fried flying fish.
30. Tommy Tucker tried to tie.
Hard English Tongue Twisters for Kids
Think you are a pro at tongue twisters? Try these hard tongue twisters to challenge yourself and see if you can say them fast at least 10 times. And we mean fast like a rapper!
We bet these tongue twisters will test your speech skills like no other and also strengthen your memory skills.
31. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
33. A sailor went to sea to see, what he could see. And all he could see was sea, sea, sea.
34. If you want to buy, buy, if you don’t want to buy, bye bye!’
36. Fresh fried fish, fish fresh fried, fried fish fresh, fish fried fresh.
37. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
39. I can think of six thin things, but I can think of six thick things too.
40. Whether the weather is warm, whether the weather is hot, we have to put up with the weather, whether we like it or not.
41. Not these things here, but those things there.
42. Six sick chicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks
43. Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie
45. Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents
46. Any noise annoys an oyster but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more
47. Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right
48.. She sold six shabby sheared sheep on ship
49. The bottom of the butter bucket is the buttered bucket bottom
50. Betty bought a bit of butter. But the butter Betty bought was bitter.
51. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
52. Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep
53. Super-duper storm troopers whoop it up at Death Star groupers: helmet thrashing, rebel bashing, laser blasting at party poopers.
54. Rory the warrior and Roger the worrier were reared wrongly in a rural brewery
55. No need to light a night-light on a light night like tonight
56. A big black bug bit a big black bear made the big black bear bleed blood
57. Kindly kittens knitting mittens keep kazooing in the king’s kitchen
58. A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk
59. Can you can a canned can into an un-canned can like a canner can can a canned can into an un-canned can?
60. On a lazy laser raiser lies a laser ray eraser
61. Many mumbling mice are making merry music in the moonlight
62. These sheep shouldn’t sleep in a shack; Sheep should sleep in a shed
63. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.
64. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
65. If you must cross a course cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully
66. Hassock hassock, black spotted hassock. Black spot on a black back of a black spotted hassock
67. Did Dick Pickens prick his pinkie pickling cheap cling peaches in an inch of Pinch or framing his famed French finch photos?
68. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines
69. Does your sport shop stock short socks with spots?
Funny English Tongue Twisters
These funny tongue twisters for kids will not only work on their speech muscles but also give them a good laugh! Non-sensical and irrational, these tongue twisters are just right for a fun challenge with friends and family!
Tip: Pair these funny Tongue Twisters with Super Silly Jokes for Kids for a laughter riot!
70. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I’d have a cow pie in my eye
71. I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw
72. A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back
73. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, FuzzyWuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy… was he?
74. A synonym for cinnamon is a cinnamon synonym
75. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks
76. Background background, black, black, brown, brown
77. How many yaks could a yak pack, pack if a yak pack could pack yaks?
78. Double bubble gum, bubbles double
79. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
80. Thirty-three thirsty, thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday
81. Gobbling gorgoyles gobbled gobbling goblins
82. Spread it thick, say it quick
83. A tutor who tooted the flute tried to tutor two tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, “Is it harder to toot or to tutor two tooters to toot?”
84. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
85. If one doctor doctors another doctor, then which doctor is doctoring the doctored doctor? Does the doctor who doctors the doctor, doctor the doctor the way the doctor is doctoring doctors?
Dr. Seuss Tongue Twisters for Kids
Dr. Seuss books are a favourite with kids! His books have entertained and delighted kids for years. And several of them had silly, funny tongue twisters.
These tongue twisters will inspire love for reading and help them build their memory and language skills.
86. That Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches.
87.See bee three now we see three.
88.Of the world’s finest, fanciest Breezy Trapeezing! My Zoom-a-Zoop Troupe from West Upper Ben-Deezing.
89. The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, then the storm starts stopping.
90. I love to draw whiskers, and Mr. McGrew didn’t have even one. So I drew him a few.
91.BIG J, little j
What begins with j?
Jerry Jordan’s jelly jar and jam begin that way.
92. I’ll bag a big bug who is very surprising. A feller who has a propeller for rising.
93.You can stop, if you want, with the Z. Because most people stop with the Z. But not me!
94 .Or worse than all that…Why, you might be a WASN’T! A wasn’t has no fun at all. No, he doesn’t. A Wasn’t just isn’t. He just isn’t present. But you…You ARE YOU! And, now isn’t that pleasant!
95.Mr Brown is smart as smart as they come! He can do a hippopotamus chewing scrum! SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM SCRUM!
Funny Hindi Tongue Twisters for Kids
How about trying some tongue twisters in Hindi? The below tongue twisters are a fun way to practise another language.
Go ahead and test yourself if you really have superlative speech skills or if it’s only English tongue twisters that you have mastered!
96. पीतल के पतीले में, पका पपीता पीला पीला
97. जो जो को खोजो, खोजो जोजो को, जो जोजो को न खोजो, तो खो जाए जोजो
98. कुछ ऊंट ऊंचा, कुछ पीठ ऊंची, कुछ ऊंची ऊंट की पीठ
99. लाला गोप गपुँग़म दास
100. मर हम भी गए मरहम के लिए, मरहम ना मिला, हम दम से गए, हमदम के लिए, हमदम न मिला
101. चार चोर चार छाते में चार अचार चाटे
चाट-चाट कर चार छाता चोर चुराकर भागे
102. डाली डाली पे नज़र डाली, किसीने अच्छी डाली, किसीने बुरी डाली, जिस डाली पे मैंने नज़र डाली वही डाली किसीने तोड़ डाली.
103. ऊंट बांध कर सुंठ खाऊँ, सुंठ खाकर ऊंट बंधू
104. चक्के पे चक्का, चक्की में आटा, आटे में चक्की
105. चिंगारी चिंकारा के जंगल में आग की तरह फ़ैल गई
106. भालु काला आलू भूरा
108. मदन मोहन मालवीय मदा्स मे मछली मारते मारते मरे
109. नीला अंगूर काला लंगूर
110. टेची में कैंची टेची पे कैंची
111. कच्चा पापड़, पक्का पापड़
112. दूबे दुबई में डूब गया
113. पके पेड़ पर पका पपीता, पका पेड़ या पका पपीता, पके पेड़ को पकड़े पिंकू,पिंकू पकड़े पका पपीता
114. चमन का भाई चमन, चमन की बहन चमन,चमन की मम्मी चमन,चमन के पापा चमन
115. जो हसी कोई हसेगा नहीं वो कभी-कोई फ़सेगा नहीं
116. चंदु के चाचा ने चंदु की चाची को, चांदनी चौक में, चांदनी रात में, चांदी के चम्मच से चटनी चटाई
117. खड़क सिंह के खड़कने से खड़कती हैं खिड़कियां, खिड़कियों के खड़कने से खड़कता है खड़क सिंह
118. काला कबूतर, सफेद तरबूज, काला तरबूज, सफेद कबूतर
119. समझ समझ के समझ को समझो,
समझ समझना भी एक समझ है,
समझ समझ कॆ जो ना समझे,
मेरी समझ मे वो ना समझ है।
120. लाली बोली लल्लू से, लल्लन लाया था लालू की शादी पे, लाल लाल लिफाफे में लड्डू
Get Your Own Journal on Sound: