Tongue twisters are sequence of words, which are meant to confuse your brain and thus making them difficult to repeat quickly. They rely on sounds that are alliterative, that is sounds that share same first consonant. Hence, becoming tricky to pronounce quickly and clearly.
Tongue twisters have been around for ages and children just love them. It is easy to bond with children over these tongue twisters. The reason is simple: tongue twisters are fun, silly and amusing.
Why Tongue Twisters for kids matter?
Tongue twisters improve fluency of speech as well. With younger children, they help you identify the sounds that are tricky for them. So all in all, they are complete package of fun conjoined with speech therapy.
30 Best Tongue Twisters for Kids
2. She sells seashells on the seashore.
3. The blue bluebird blinks.
4. He threw three free throws.
6. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
7. Nine nimble noblemen nibbling nuts.
10. Crisp crusts crackle and crunch.
11. Fred fed Ted bread and Ted fed Fred bread
12. If you want to buy, buy, if you don’t want to buy, bye bye!’
13. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
15. Fresh fried fish, fish fresh fried, fried fish fresh, fish fried fresh.
16. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
17. Clean clams crammed in clean cans.
19. Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen.
20. I can think of six thin things, but I can think of six thick things too.
21. Zebras zig and zebras zag.
22. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
23. Betty and Bob brought back blue balloons from the big bazaar.
24. Whether the weather is warm, whether the weather is hot, we have to put up with the weather, whether we like it or not.
26. Red leather, yellow leather.
27. Not these things here, but those things there.
28. Bad money, mad bunny.
29. Freshly-fried flying fish.
30. Tommy Tucker tried to tie.